Forums

Topic: Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin

Posts 181 to 188 of 188

crippyd

@sorethumbed tbh I've always played as melee and never dabbled in sorcery. I might give it a go in 3 with my co op pal for a bit of support.

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

sorethumbed

@crippyd: I wouldn't, not for my first go at it. casting is waaay slower in 3 and enemies move faster. If you're not a realconfident caster (know exactly how many casts it takes to take someone out) it'll be hard.

Ancient, Angry, Armed and Inbound.

Xbox Gamertag: Sorethumbed

crippyd

@sorethumbed ah, maybe I won't try that in 3. I could maybe respec in 1 or 2 & give it a whirl.

crippyd

sorethumbed

@crippyd: Have to be 2 no respec in 1. Also, you need to make sure you got all the spells along the way.

crippyd

@sorethumbed thanks for the advice. Sorcery would be totally out of my comfort zone as I've always been a sword wielder.

crippyd

sorethumbed

@crippyd: It's good fun. Nailing the pursuer say with just spells is very satisfying (Timing becomes critical - once you start to cast you're stuck with it. No cancel, no move). If you do go for it, remember to get your attunement up (affects speed of casts as well as slots), Adaptability as well (Agility Sidestat to 100 at least ) Dexterity affects this (and cast speed) to a lesser extent as well. If you decide to run hexes for spells - very very good, you need to remember to get Faith and Int up as hexes scale off the lower stat so if you had 50 int and 40 faith, for scaling purposes 40 would be the number. Dark hail is a killer but you need to be really really close. Apart from 1 boss, all have a bit of a weakness to dark magic (as do most players in PvP) unless theyre running a rebel shield infused to dark then you are f...ed as most magic is useless (carry a whip 4 backup as it wrecks stamina and a really fast dagger). Stick with the default catylist - I know all the others have better damage but none come close for speed. Get it to +10 and infuse with magic. If youre running hexes, get a black witches staff as well, that does miracles, hexes AND sorceries). It doesn't deal the most damage but one staff to bind them all does work in the heat of things. for sorceries the Staff of wisdom does the most damage but it's long. Often, the cast misses, especially in PvP or Red Invaders in Pve as they roll under its cast. Get a set of binoculars in your left hand. If you cant lock on, use the binoculars to extend range (takes practice but very effective). Pyro glove as well as scales off faith/int. Makes fights like the rat covenant one trivial as the Pyro AOE's are rad.In co-op, one of each works well. The melee guy bangs the boss and the caster from distance. As soon as the melee guy needs to heal, you bang on while he stops. Once you get the bosses attention, stop casting. Let the melee guy take some on. Rinse - repeat. Wish the NPc'sknew the drill lol.

Edited on by sorethumbed

crippyd

@sorethumbed thanks for the very in-depth reply, if I decided to respec I will follow your advice to the letter. I think I've got a good collection of magic weapons and I'm pretty sure I upgraded my pyro hand to +10.

crippyd

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.