Forums

Topic: Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin

Posts 161 to 180 of 188

crippyd

@A_BabyRed_Yoshi sorry if I've come across a bit of an ass, it wasn't meant that way.
I have DS as digital on the 360 so it's already installed and I'm on the final boss but he just kills me EVERY TIME!! He makes the Fume knight seem easy. I'll have a spare code for DS if you want it?

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

A_BabyRed_Yoshi

@crippyd: no offense taken, we're all good man
I'll get a code for DS1 myself since I preordered, but to be honest that game scares the bejeezus out of me

Guinea pig owner, Xbox gamer.

Xbox Gamertag: A BabyRed Yoshi

crippyd

@A_BabyRed_Yoshi in my opinion, DS is way harder than 2 but that could be down to me playing that completely solo

crippyd

A_BabyRed_Yoshi

@crippyd: that's what ive heard from everywhere, that's why I gave 2 a shot because it's more 'doable' than 1. 1 seems unfunly hard and frustrating

crippyd

@A_BabyRed_Yoshi I've got about 120 hours on both DS and 2 but I've completed 2 almost 3 times and as I've said, not completed 1 once yet!

crippyd

A_BabyRed_Yoshi

@crippyd: 2 is very merciful, like the estus flask and the enemies stop respawning if you get really stuck.

sorethumbed

@A_BabyRed_Yoshi: only once you've killed them enough times (10-12 if memory serves). I found 2 harder than 1. Like CrippyD I played both games solo and definitely found 1 easier even though the enemies respawned if you rested. Just started a rerun of DS and like I remember, it's a timing thing. Doesn't matter how I start, I always wind up with a Dex build. Just looked at my cloud saves and I've got a DS character at over level 700! Guess that was the one that I glitched pre-patch tho.

Ancient, Angry, Armed and Inbound.

Xbox Gamertag: Sorethumbed

Dee0342

I found the first one a bit harder, but perhaps it was the lack of experience at the time ( only played through Demon Souls once before it ), but the Lifegems in addition to flasks in 2 are certainly more merciful then just the Flasks in 1.

Dee0342

crippyd

@Dee0342 I think the actual enemies in 2 are easier than the first game and also the levelling system seems to be more forgiving.

crippyd

sorethumbed

A@crippyd: Did you beat the Ivory King DLC? The first boss in that hands me my rear end on a plate every time! Tried solo, npc, summon, summon & npc, every time. NG+ is waay harder than standard game. Think I shouldve hit the DLC before moving on. I only want to run it to get the Symbol of Avarice and you need to get past it!

crippyd

@sorethumbed I managed to beat the first and second boss on the first DLC and the first boss on the second but couldn't beat the guy with the fire sword.

crippyd

crippyd

@sorethumbed yeah, we beat him after about 5 or 6 tries. That flame guy though, used about 40 or more embers (or whatever they are called in 2) and still couldn't beat him.

crippyd

sorethumbed

@crippyd: So I went back and had a pop with another character on Standard game and he went down second try. Waaay easier on standard. Trouble is, playing as a caster, once you start a cast, theres no cancel button. He nails you with that leap attack if hes not being distracted by an ally (or npc summons) as when youre casting youre 'stuck'. even the summons was still alive at the end. Now to go back and get the munchie hat, thats all I came for (and the spells). thanks for the reply anyway.

crippyd

@sorethumbed well done, the DLCs are really hard. Looking back on the posts, it's the Fume Knight we couldn't beat but managed to beat the other bosses from them.

crippyd

sorethumbed

@crippyd: That boss is sooooo hard. Given up trying with summons - solo only (and still not beaten him).

crippyd

@sorethumbed I believe there is another boss to beat after him too. He is harder than the nameless king in my opinion. I won't be playing any of the dlc as I'm on my fourth run now. My guy is stupidly levelled up, I think I'm about 250 or along those lines.

crippyd

sorethumbed

@crippyd: My dude is 253 and on playthrough 2 so you're not stupidly levelled up IMO

crippyd

@sorethumbed you must have been grinding all the areas as you went? I was only hitting the places once on ng and after. I am proud of my 70 strength though. Also was getting my faith and intelligence up to about 40 so I could use the bigger spells and miracles but it's about 250k per level now.

crippyd

sorethumbed

@crippyd: When you're playing as a caster, it's difficult not to. If you don't, by the time you get to the boss you're out of 'casts'. Herbs work but are limited so your'e kind of stuck with clearing an area, get to the boss, do it and move on. some areas don't have to be cleared so I don't bother. It also helps if you don't lose souls. I'm playing my second character who is lvl 200 ish (on ng) but has 90 int and 4 faith. I will respec it to have higher faith for the fume boss to be able to heal adds. I only want to nail that boss for the crown (it restores spell uses) and the hexes.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.