Forums

Topic: Xbox One may not getting released in Japan

Posts 1 to 11 of 11

Gamer83

I know Xbox has never sold well there but I'd still be shocked if this is true.

Gamer83

Gamer83

Gamer83

Vincent294
Gamer83

Me too, but that's what I've heard elsewhere too. Seems to be true.

Vincent294

Xbox Gamertag: Vincent294

Vincent294
Gamer83

Me too, but that's what I've heard elsewhere too. Seems to be true.

Vincent294

Xbox Gamertag: Vincent294

Gamer83

Well I guess we'll find out more about this soon. North America and Europe are the bigger markets but Japan is still hugely important.

Gamer83

Gamer83

Well I guess we'll find out more about this soon. North America and Europe are the bigger markets but Japan is still hugely important.

Gamer83

SuperKMx

There's plenty of discussion about this going on, it seems. From what I'm hearing, they'll be releasing the machine in "Asia" in general, giving the machine time to get some localised content behind it, then releasing the machine in Japan specifically at a later date.

It makes sense, as Japan is only really important to Microsoft due to the software that comes out of the country. They've barely shifted 1.5million Xbox 360s in Japan over 7 years, and software sales are (and always have been) in the toilet. It means Europe and the US will miss out on some J-RPGs down the line, but the bigger Japanese publishers will still create for it as they realise that US and European software sales will make them more than enough money to make it worthwhile.

I don't think many people in Japan will even notice, to be honest - and I don't think we will either.

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

SuperKMx

There's plenty of discussion about this going on, it seems. From what I'm hearing, they'll be releasing the machine in "Asia" in general, giving the machine time to get some localised content behind it, then releasing the machine in Japan specifically at a later date.

It makes sense, as Japan is only really important to Microsoft due to the software that comes out of the country. They've barely shifted 1.5million Xbox 360s in Japan over 7 years, and software sales are (and always have been) in the toilet. It means Europe and the US will miss out on some J-RPGs down the line, but the bigger Japanese publishers will still create for it as they realise that US and European software sales will make them more than enough money to make it worthwhile.

I don't think many people in Japan will even notice, to be honest - and I don't think we will either.

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

IIaprghwrughapiw

You'd think a plether Xbox One haters would want to move to Japan considering the many insanitarily loud many overreactions we've heard from them.

IIaprghwrughapiw

IIaprghwrughapiw

You'd think a plether Xbox One haters would want to move to Japan considering the many insanitarily loud many overreactions we've heard from them.

IIaprghwrughapiw

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.