Update [Thu 16th Nov, 2023 03:00 GMT]:
Following an announcement earlier this month, Gunfire Games has now released its first expansion for Remnant 2. As part of this, it's also released full patch notes for the new update. Here's the full rundown:
Remnant 2 - The Awakened King DLC (14 November 2023)
--Quality of Life--
[ General ]
- Added matchmaking regions. You will be prompted for your region on first startup and can change it later if necessary. When you are searching for a public game, it will only show users in your region, and your region will determine which users can see your public games. Friends’ games are always visible, regardless of region settings.
- Fixed an issue where player’s data wasn’t always saved when a host quit or kicked them from a session.
[ Enemies ]
- Increased global spawn rate for aberrations.
[ Progression & Rewards ]
- Fixed an issue where “Carnage in C-Minor” Achievement / Trophy was not able to be acquired.
- Fixed an issue where Scroll of Binding was not able to be acquired.
[ Archetypes ]
= Engineer =
- Fixed an issue where Flamethrower Turret projectile was misaligned.
= Handler =
- Fixed an issue where a player could be executed while very good boy was reviving them and cause the player to become immobilized.
= Archon =
- Fixed an issue where some enemies would not take damage from Havoc Form’s Lightning Tendrils attack.
[ Gear / Items ]
- Fixed an issue where Fae Shaman Ring was not working as intended with Dense Silicon Ring.
- Fixed an issue where One-Eyed Joker amulet was affecting projectiles heading direction
- Fixed an issue where Energized Neck Coil would play explosion vfx incorrectly in multiplayer.
- Fixed an issue where Rotted Arrow mod explosion was negated when shooting metal fence in some location in Losomn.
- Fixed an issue where Crescent Moon Moonlight Barrage mod failed to return to player when Hunter’s Shroud skill was active.
- Fixed an issue where Merciless Bleed was incorrectly triggering with Bandit Mutator.
- Fixed an issue where players were able to bypass some doors using World’s Edge charge attack.
- Fixed an issue where Tomb Dweller’s ring was not stacking 3 times.
- Fixed an issue where Corrupted Meridian was not scaling correctly with intended damage type.
- Fixed an issue where Corrupted Shards could be sold to vendors, this was not the intention and has been removed.
- Fixed an issue where Corrupted Merciless was not applying Bleed when Bloodshot mod was active.
- Fixed an issue where Shocker mutator didn’t scale with weapon level or show as active when charged.
- Fixed an issue where Energy Wall mod was emitting bright lights when mod power was full.
- Fixed an issue where Fae Bruiser ring was triggering on destroying breakables.
- Fixed an issue where Killswitch mod wasn’t requiring a switch to ranged weapon to proc and damage wasn’t scaling off of weapon level.
- Fixed an issue where Sequenced Shot would not proc correctly, now it requires all subsequent shots to be charged shots to proc.
- Fixed an issue where some items would persist across all worlds and not be able be picked up.
- Fixed an issue where kills with Scattershot would not proc fragmented shot.
- Fixed an issue where Beta Ray mod had an increased range when attached to an enemy.
- Fixed an issue where Detonation Trigger was not applying the correct damage with Corrupted and regular versions of Aphelion mod.
[ Enemies ]
- Fixed an issue where aberration in Twisted Chantry would not path to player correctly on stairs.
- Fixed an issue where Trapper affix was not being removed once the aberration was defeated.
- Fixed an issue where the Cube Boss would glitch creating a safe spot.
- Fixed an issue where the Custodian’s Eye VFX would linger after death.
- Fixed an issue where Shaed Knight’s auras were not visible to clients.
- Fixed an issue where Gwendil: The Unburnt’s bombs were not able to be shot while in her hand.
- Fixed an issue where Metaphysical Tal’Ratha was unable to have Burn status applied to him.
- Fixed an issue where the Fae Praetor couldn’t be hit while being kicked away after grabbing a player.
- Fixed an issue where Root Flyers could grab players while on elevators and get stuck.
[ UI ]
- Fixed an issue where some Mods did not update their descriptions when equipping rings that changed Mod Damage.
- Fixed an issue where some aberrations were missing their health bar.
- Fixed an issue where the doorway to the Lost Temple in the Faithless Thicket was showing up as a side dungeon in the minimap.
[ Misc Fixes ]
- Fixed an issue where some collision could trap players on Yaesha.
Original [Thu 2nd Nov, 2023 04:00 GMT]:
Just months after its arrival on Xbox Series X and Series S, Remnant 2 developer Gunfire Games has announced the Souls-like it will be receiving its very first DLC update.
It's called "The Awakened King" and will be released on all platforms including Xbox on 14th November 2023 for $9.99 USD or the regional equivalent. This will also be the first of three download packs, with all three able to be acquired for $24.99 USD.
This new update will include a new storyline, dungeons and area based on the "land of Losomn". In addition to this is a new Archetype: The Ritualist, new items and weapons, and new bosses and characters to encounter. Here's some info from the PR (via Gematsu):
"In this upcoming downloadable content for Remnant II, The One True King has awakened and is out for blood. Corrupted by the Root during his near-death slumber, the mad king sees betrayal at every turn and is on a rampage of revenge. Since his castle first arrived in a Dran coastal town, the tides are angry and the weather is chaotic, surfacing all manner of creatures from the depths and leaving many mysteries in its wake. In a brand new storyline, survivors must uncover the secrets behind The One True King by exploring a mysterious new area within the world of Losomn. In this strange new location, survivors will traverse new dungeons, acquire powerful equipment, meet unexpected allies and face new threats in their adventure to reach The One True King and defeat him once and for all."