Update (Thu 28th Apr, 2022): The beta for Turbo Golf Racing has now officially begin as part of the Xbox Insider program, and spaces are still available! You can find out how to sign up further down this article.
Original story (Thu 21st Apr, 2022): Turbo Golf Racing was revealed last month during the Future Games Show. It's a Rocket League-style vehicular sports game that's based on golf, rather than football, and the good news is that we can all go hands on real soon.
An open beta for Turbo Golf Racing has been announced, and it's coming this month! The beta will support cross-play across PC and Xbox consoles, and it all kicks off on April 28th. Here are the full beta timings:
- Beta start time: Thursday, April 28th at 4am PDT / 12pm BST / 1pm CEST
- Beta end time: Monday, May 2nd at 2am PDT / 10am BST / 11am CEST
To access the Beta, you can begin signing up as of today by following these instructions:
- Sign-in on your Xbox console and launch the Xbox Insider Hub app (or install the Xbox Insider Hub from the Store first if necessary).
- Navigate to Previews > Turbo Golf Racing Beta
- Select Join.
- Wait for the registration to complete to secure your spot for the Beta!
As for what's available in the beta, it's looking like a pretty healthy package to be honest. Here's what's coming during Turbo Golf Racing's open beta period:
- 12 playable courses
- Online, cross-platform matchmaking supporting up to eight players per match
- Single-player time trials
- Daily missions
- Dedicated 15-level Beta progression season
- Nine gameplay-changing Power Cores
- More than 80 cosmetic items
That progression system won't carry forward to the full release, sadly, but it'll still be worth having a crack at the beta. Participants will unlock up to three exclusive items for use in the full game, which will be available on Xbox Game Pass at launch, later on in 2022.
Will you be giving the Turbo Golf Racing beta a whirl? Let us know below.