If you're a fan of The Ascent on Xbox Game Pass, then you'll be glad to know that the game has received its first bit of DLC today in the form of The Cybersec Pack, along with the latest free update containing a key new feature.
The Cybersec Pack is available for £3.99 / $4.99 (you can save a tiny amount if you're a Game Pass member), and features two new weapons, a new tactical, four new pieces of armour and four new animated weapon skins.
- 2 NEW WEAPONS:
- NEWT MGL / Grenade Launcher
- RECOIL / Ballistic burst rifle
- 1 NEW TACTICAL:
- THE GR00P CLUSTER GRENADE / Lethal Grenade with explosive cluster damage
- 4 NEW PIECES OF ARMOR:
- The BOOMBLOCK SCALP / Medium head protection
- The BOOMBLOCK H-HD / Advanced Head Protection
- The BOOMBLOCK VEST / Advanced torso protection
- The BOOMBLOCK SHIN PROTECTOR / Medium leg protection
- 4 NEW ANIMATED WEAPON SKINS: BLUE DIGITAL, HYPNO 01, HYPNO 02 and RED DIGITAL
Meanwhile, the free update introduces a Transmogrification feature, "allowing Indents to change their appearance to match the visual style of any armour currently in their inventory by visiting the Stylist and paying a small fee."
The Ascent is far from finished in terms of post-launch content, with plenty more new features set to arrive over the next few months. Here's what Tor Frick, Creative Director on The Ascent had to say about upcoming plans:
“We’ll be introducing features such as NewGame+, new VO lines for side missions, a free Winter Pack in December and a paid update to the Chongqing Pack and a brand new Cyber-Warrior paid pack early next year.
As always we’d like to thank our wonderful community for all their support - we hope everyone enjoys the new content!”
Happy with this new content for The Ascent? Will you be buying the DLC? Tell us down below.