You may have noticed Loot River included on our recent list of 2022 Xbox Game Pass titles — it's launching with the service at some point next year, and it's described as a "dungeon crawling action roguelike".
The game is set in a series of procedurally generated labyrinths, combining "tense, real-time combat and dark fantasy settings with spatial block-shifting". According to the official blurb, "you'll fight bestial abominations, loot, explore, level-up, strategize, cast powerful spells, die and wake up anew."
If you feel like you've heard about this game recently, that's probably because it was included as part of the Xbox Winter Game Fest Demo Event, which unfortunately has now finished. Hopefully, the demo will return prior to launch.
Here's a list of features for what to expect, along with some extra images:
- Slide ruins of an old dungeon to defeat your foes
- Forge your path through ancient abandoned fortress
- Meet horrifying beast from alternate realities, as well as other wandering nomads
- Wake up in a parallel universe after each death - navigate through thousands of unique, yet familiar dungeons
- Defeat enemies your way - unlock many different abilities, items and weapons, each with unique look, animations, powers, and style
- Gain knowledge and experience, level up, and defeat powerful bosses
- Immerse yourself in a beautiful, hand drawn, pixel art with fluid animations, real time 3D shadows, and astonishing water simulation
Looking forward to the release of Loot River on Xbox Game Pass? Let us know in the comments below.
There's a game on ps5 called Cave Bad which is much like this. Rogue like and randomly generated rooms enemies and bosses. Good fun
Very interesting concept. Looks quite hard.
My main concern is that there will not be much actual Loot in the game. Thus, the name will not make much sense. Hopefully the game is mostly about looting and getting as much actual loot as humanly possible.
Tap here to load 3 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...