Warner Bros. Games has announced today that MultiVersus is coming to Xbox in 2022, which will take the form of a Smash Bros. clone in a free-to-play format, starring the likes of Batman, Bugs Bunny, Superman and even Shaggy!
The game will feature an "innovative 2v2 co-op-focused experience" along with "intense" 1v1 and 4-player free-for-all modes, and can be played online or offline. It'll also include ranked competitive play alongside cross-platform and cross-progression implementation, and as you'd expect, there are plenty of characters and maps as well.
Here are some of the confirmed characters along with their voice actors:
- Batman (DC Super Hero) – voiced by Kevin Conroy
- Superman (DC Super Hero) – voiced by George Newbern
- Wonder Woman (DC Super Hero) – voiced by Abby Trott
- Harley Quinn (DC Super-Villain) – voiced by Tara Strong
- Shaggy (Scooby-Doo) – voiced by Matthew Lillard
- Bugs Bunny (Looney Tunes) – voiced by Eric Bauza
- Arya Stark (Game of Thrones) – voiced by Maisie Williams
- Jake the Dog (Adventure Time) – voiced by John DiMaggio
- Finn the Human (Adventure Time) – voiced by Jeremy Shada
- Steven Universe (Steven Universe) – voiced by Daniel DiVenere
- Garnet (Steven Universe) – voiced by Estelle
- Tom and Jerry (Tom and Jerry) – tandem character voiced by Eric Bauza
- Reindog (an extraordinary original creature) – voiced by Andrew Frankel
Warner Bros' is advertising upcoming playtests which you can sign up for via the MultiVersus website, with more updates about the game set to arrive prior to launch. If done correctly, this platform brawler could be onto a winner!
MultiVersus is an all-new free-to-play, platform fighter videogame. With an ever-expanding cast of iconic characters and legendary universes, MultiVersus will feature multiple online modes, including a team-based 2 vs. 2 format, 1 vs. 1 matches and 4-player free-for-all, along with upcoming content-filled seasons.
Liking the look of MultiVersus? Let us know down in the comments section below.