Certain Xbox players have been affected with an issue in Mass Effect Legendary Edition since the game's launch, which has caused freezes and crashes when using a wireless headset in the game's launcher. Today's update appears to have rectified those problems, along with delivering a wealth of other updates and fixes.
It's not a huge list, but may address some problems you've discovered when playing the game over the past few weeks.
We've made the following fixes and improvements across all platforms in this update.
- English spoken dialogue can now be selected separately from subtitle language
- Resolved issues with unlocking some achievements/trophies, such as the Paramours or kill count trackers
- Corrected pre-rendered cutscenes that were darker than intended after the previous update
- Wireless headsets/devices no longer cause issues with the Xbox launcher
- Improved PC performance across various hardware configurations, including on Virmire
- Fixed an issue on PC where non-standard characters in the operating system’s username would prevent the game from launching
- Removed the dependency on the AVX instruction set in the launcher
- Other minor calibrations and fixes, including some instances of crashing
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from reaching the max level
- Fixed an issue where tier VII Spectre - Master Gear was inaccessible
- Various collision improvements
- Fixed an issue that would prevent the ability to interact with objects
- Lowered audio volume on Mass Relay load screens
- Improved eye animations for male characters in some scenes
Mass Effect 2
- Toned down the intensity of fog on Illium
- Fixed an issue where a character’s eyes at the end of the Overlord DLC were unintentionally red
- Reduced the max credits that can be carried from Mass Effect to Mass Effect 2 down to 100k for more balanced early-game progression
- Credit carryover maximum now matches carryover from the original release
Posthumous banking fees are a lot! It’s a great way to dodge taxes.
Mass Effect 3
- Resolved an issue where English dialogue no longer played during the Citadel DLC for German and Italian localizations
- Fixed an issue where some key characters weren’t appearing as intended during the Citadel DLC
The key one here is the wireless headset issue, which did have a workaround, but is now fixed entirely. So, you can get out there and save the universe without worrying about any headset issues. Enjoy!
Does this patch fix any issues you've had with Mass Effect Legendary Edition? Let us know in the comments below.
"* Reduced the max credits that can be carried from Mass Effect to Mass Effect 2 down to 100k for more balanced early-game progression"
I'm glad I've already started ME2 carrying 1M credits. I'm currently doing the loyalty missions, could have started the endgame already if I wanted to, but money to buy whatever I want has never been a problem
3.4Gb. No chance. Try 19.36Gb. And I was fully updated😡. Not sure why I bothered getting the disc version as apart for installing part of ME1, the rest has all been download. Might as well use the 2nd disc in the box as a coaster. Great games by the way. Playing in order about half way through ME2.
I had the same size as well on Series X.
Not sure how the author got 3.4GB?
@blinx01 Series X as well. The 19Gb figure is the same as the 1st install size (before installing ME2 and ME3). Will not be playing tonight. Now where's my Switch😅
In ME and ME2 my character would be stuck looking at a direction at random times. Kinda annoying during intense combat.
Fixing the achievements is cool. Just finished me3 last night so I'm curious if it's retroactive.
I think the size is clearly console dependant.
Was 19.36GB on my Series X but only 5.25GB on my One X in the spare room that I've just tested.
So maybe the author is on a Series S or Xbox One with the 3.4GB?
Same i can't believe how much credits i got from the previous game LOL. To be fair tho In mass effect 1 i had like 999999 credits lol.
"Reduced the max credits that can be carried from Mass Effect to Mass Effect 2 down to 100k for more balanced early-game progression"
I'll have to remember this so the next time I run though, I can remove the patches first. Glad I started 2 before this.
Had some strange graphic glitches since the update. Mainly in cutscenes. Odd bar down right hand side of the screen plus on load up the whole screen was a mess for 5 seconds. Odd
Tap here to load 9 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...