Certain Xbox players have been affected with an issue in Mass Effect Legendary Edition since the game's launch, which has caused freezes and crashes when using a wireless headset in the game's launcher. Today's update appears to have rectified those problems, along with delivering a wealth of other updates and fixes.
It's not a huge list, but may address some problems you've discovered when playing the game over the past few weeks.
We've made the following fixes and improvements across all platforms in this update.
- English spoken dialogue can now be selected separately from subtitle language
- Resolved issues with unlocking some achievements/trophies, such as the Paramours or kill count trackers
- Corrected pre-rendered cutscenes that were darker than intended after the previous update
- Wireless headsets/devices no longer cause issues with the Xbox launcher
- Improved PC performance across various hardware configurations, including on Virmire
- Fixed an issue on PC where non-standard characters in the operating system’s username would prevent the game from launching
- Removed the dependency on the AVX instruction set in the launcher
- Other minor calibrations and fixes, including some instances of crashing
- Fixed an issue that prevented players from reaching the max level
- Fixed an issue where tier VII Spectre - Master Gear was inaccessible
- Various collision improvements
- Fixed an issue that would prevent the ability to interact with objects
- Lowered audio volume on Mass Relay load screens
- Improved eye animations for male characters in some scenes
Mass Effect 2
- Toned down the intensity of fog on Illium
- Fixed an issue where a character’s eyes at the end of the Overlord DLC were unintentionally red
- Reduced the max credits that can be carried from Mass Effect to Mass Effect 2 down to 100k for more balanced early-game progression
- Credit carryover maximum now matches carryover from the original release
Posthumous banking fees are a lot! It’s a great way to dodge taxes.
Mass Effect 3
- Resolved an issue where English dialogue no longer played during the Citadel DLC for German and Italian localizations
- Fixed an issue where some key characters weren’t appearing as intended during the Citadel DLC
The key one here is the wireless headset issue, which did have a workaround, but is now fixed entirely. So, you can get out there and save the universe without worrying about any headset issues. Enjoy!
Does this patch fix any issues you've had with Mass Effect Legendary Edition? Let us know in the comments below.