If you're old school like us here at Pure Xbox, you may remember the classic Alex Kidd in Miracle World on the SEGA Master System. If not, you're in for a treat, as the classic platformer is getting a new coat of paint and heading to Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One on June 24.
Featuring all the classic levels fans have grown to know and love, brand new stages will also be packed in to extend the experience. The controls have been made tighter, and the visuals have also been updated to reflect a more modern aesthetic. On top of that there's also new modes, remastered music, and alternate boss fights for players to tackle.
- A Legend Reborn – Dive into a stunning recreation of Alex Kidd in Miracle World with striking new art and tighter, more fluid controls.
- New Modes – New modes such including ‘Classic Mode’ and ‘Boss Rush Mode’ will be available for players alongside the standard game.
- New Levels – Experience new levels which expand the lore of the original and feature new enemy types and vehicles
- Alternative Boss Fights – New and improved boss fight mechanics with more intuitive combat.
- Classic Mode – Experience the original game with boss fights, dialogue, levels and functions the same as the original Master System version.
- New and Remastered Music – A wide array of reimagined music tracks as well as remastered tracks from the original classic game!
Hopefully the memories of the original we have retained are not tarnished with this new iteration. With a fantastic pantheon of platformers on Xbox, this could certainly join a roster of great titles. There's also an absolutely beautiful physical edition coming along which is inspired by the retro game. Looks pretty neat!
Let's see Alex Kidd come back with a bang!
Will you be picking up Alex Kidd in Miracle World DX this June? Let us know in the comments below.