As you might have heard, Ori and the Will of the Wisps has been experiencing performance issues since its arrival on Xbox One and Windows platforms last month. Moon Studios – for some time now – has been working on a patch and more recently outlined what it would include.
The good news is that this patch is now available across all Xbox and Windows devices, according to Moon Studios' official Twitter account for the game. As promised, it improves performances, fixes a lot of bugs and resolves some problems with achievements. Below are the full notes:
– Improved performance
– Improved map loading times
– Improvements to scene and asset loading
– Map remembers the last zoom position now when reopened
– Fixed the buzzing issue for the vast majority of players
– Fixed bugs with obtaining certain achievements
– Fixed missing characters in Asian languages
– Fixed problems with some controller buttons not working for some players
– Fixed crashing / freezing on start issue
– Fixed several issues where player gets trapped behind closed door after respawning
– Fixed several instances of screen going black at certain moments
– Fixed problems with picking up some of the collectibles
– Many more minor fixes
– Introduced an option to hide HUD, along with a dynamic HUD mode
– Added exclusive fullscreen option
– Introduced resolution scaling option
– Introduced motion blur scaling option
– Introduced controller vibration scaling option
– Fast travel from map is now a separate upgrade purchasable from Opher
Achievements fixes details
Healthy and Powerful achievements should be granted automatically when loading a save that meets all the criteria.
Destiny, Hardcore Fan, Shardless, Lightless, Look at the Time and Immortal will be granted when the player loads the save slot they finished the game on and watches the epilogue again, as long as they meet the required criteria.
Attached to this was another message thanking fans for their "continued patience" over the past month. The team knows it's been frustrating but hopes everyone can now enjoy the game and look forward to further polishing it.
Has this latest patch improved your overall experience? Tell us down in the comments.
Wow, no comments yet... why not be the first?
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...