Ori and the Will of the Wisps is a platforming masterpiece, but has admittedly experienced some serious performance issues since its arrival on Xbox One and Windows platforms last month. Even in our own review here on Pure Xbox, we said it suffered from stuttering, hitching, graphical anomalies and temporary pauses.
Following on from a post last Friday, saying it was "working around the clock" to release a patch that would resolve performance issues and a large number of reported bugs across all platforms, Moon Studios has now shared another update. This one explains how the team is putting the "final touches" on the upcoming patch and notes how it will fix a large number of issues.
Your feedback has been incredible, and we believe the upcoming build will solve a large number of issues you have shared with us.
"More updates" are planned for next week. Until then, below is a look at what exactly the patch will contain when it does finally arrive:
- New Dynamic HUD mode as well as option to hide HUD
- Exclusive Fullscreen Option Added
- Resolution Scaling Option Added
- Fast travel from map will now be sold as a separate upgrade from Opher
- Achievements: Healthy and Powerful achievements should be granted automatically when loading a save that meets all the criteria.
- Note: Destiny, Hardcore Fan, Shardless, Lightless, Look at the Time and Immortal will be granted when loading the save with a completed game while meeting the criteria for these achievements. However, if you skipped the epilogue cutscene, you may need to beat the final boss again.
- Improved overall performance, including map loading times, scenes, and asset loading
- Audio buzzing/stuttering removed or reduced
- Localization and missing characters/fonts with Asian languages fixed
- Note: There are still some issues with the Quick Access leaderboards for all languages which will be addressed in the next patch.
- Controller button functionality fixed
- Crashing/Freezing on start menu fixed
- Handful of softlocks and one-off crashes fixed, such as getting trapped behind a door
- Several instances of your screen going black at certain moments throughout the game fixed
- PC Keyboard fixes: Incorrect button prompts, keybinding polish, toggling between keyboard and controllers, and more
- Numerous polish fixes throughout the world and UI including textures, vignettes, animations, audio, enemy one-offs, Motay stats, game menus, UI prompts, and more
- Picking up collectibles fixed
Have you experienced any bugs or performance issues with this game? Share you own experiences in the comments.