Forums

Topic: Kinect Setup & Auto login

Posts 1 to 7 of 7

ajfromuk

How did all you crazy cats find the initial setup of the Kinect?

I was sad enough to built this shelf to begin with prior to getting the Kinect thinking it would be fine on it... turns out it wasnt

5164787914_caeb8f07f0_m.jpg

Once I moved it though it was fine and the stupidest thing happened... I don't know if you noticed but it does a silly onscreen scan of your body and puts a xray type skeleton over it... well my brother's girlfriend who was with me was amaze that it could... well... xray you!!!

We both looked at her and she was being serious! She's 21!

Anyway how are people finding the auto login? I've run my tuning about 8 times now in various lighting conditions from ceiling light to sunlight to candle and mobile phone light yet it's still a bit hit or miss if it will say "Welcome back, AJfromUK" but i'm hoping the more I do it the better it will become... so much so that it would be able to sense my smell soon!

TheDoctor213

After I had read reviews of the set up process I was dreading the hour long event of tedious movements and positions, but when I got to it, I was done in like 15 minutes.  Definitely not anything to whine about with such new technology.  I have only had to run the tuner once now and it has no problems recognizing me or my friends.  That's awesome about the x-ray haha, did you play off of it or tell her the truth?

TheDoctor213

Cassiboyuk

i was struggling at first as it didnt see me and my son at first. Now I have manually tilted the Kinect down its great. The face recognistion also didnt take long to set up and always gets it right when me or my son wave at it.

Loving my Halo Gamepad

Ravage

Haha! It can X-Ray your body!

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Magi

I've only scanned myself once and both of my kids once and it picks us all up with no problem.  Our initial scanning was done at night with the lights on our ceiling fan turned on.  I should probably get around to doing some more scanning though just in case.

Time wise?  It was a snap.  No complaints here.

Magi

SagaciousTien

Because I live in Australia my Kinect doesn't do all the things it does overseas. And because I'm not connected to LIVE I'm not sure if that will change. Still - I found the set up to be relatively painless and very intuitive. My console automatically logs me in regardless, I haven't tried to have the Kinect log me in - though I think it's a pretty cool feature.

Loves Kinect.

dirtyvu
SagaciousTien

Because I live in Australia my Kinect doesn't do all the things it does overseas. And because I'm not connected to LIVE I'm not sure if that will change. Still - I found the set up to be relatively painless and very intuitive. My console automatically logs me in regardless, I haven't tried to have the Kinect log me in - though I think it's a pretty cool feature.

If you don't play multiplayer at your house, KinectID isn't that useful because you can set your one account to auto-login upon bootup.  But if you do play multiplayer, it is useful, because for the Kinect games, you just jump into the game, it signs you in and you can play, often without interrupting the game at all.  Kind of like Guitar Hero 5's party mode where you can jump in, pick an instrument and continue the song without interrupting the players or the song that's in session. 

KinectID is pretty cool in that you don't have to go the Xbox Guide to sign out or sign in another player.

What doesn't work on your Kinect that does in the US?  Is it the voice recognition (which is awesome by the way)?  Is there anything else?

dirtyvu

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.