Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club Double Bill - Banjo-Kazooie / Solar Ash (Apr)

Posts 1,721 to 1,740 of 3,365

themightyant

@trev666
text to hide
(spoiler)text to hide(/spoiler) except replace round brackets ( ) with square brackets [ ]

Almost essential for this forum

Couple of other ones, again replace round with square brackets
(b)Bold(/b)
(i)italic(/i)

themightyant

themcnoisy

@trev666 I can see what you are saying, so in ME1 and 3 most of the missions are based on the overall story arc it's fair to say. Whilst in 2, the recruitment is a smorgasbord of different story styles not necessarily based on the destination. I can see that.

In that sense it's a bit more like a mini series than a film. I enjoy that, you can knock off a couple of missions after work and then a few at the weekend. Before the big crescendo.

I get with the citadel it's parred back. But then you also have Omega and Ilium. It is a slight miss, as like you I would love that big hub world (without sacrificing Omega or Ilium). But the 3 hubs have their own flavour and add to the world building without mentioning the likes of Tchuchanka. There are so many more assets in ME2, so many different places to see. Every level is different. Where as with 1 that same warehouse is reused 20 times. So I can accept the citadel being less of a focus.

As for fem-shep the voice actors performance is better imo. Much better.

Anyhow I'm not writing about ME1 so will leave it there.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

ralphdibny

@trev666 use spoiler tags e.g

insert spoiler here[/ spoiler]

Remove the space in the last tag between the / and the s

[spoiler]it will look like this!

Edit: woops, I missed that a whole new page had started on this thread that I hadn't read yet! Carry on.

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

ralphdibny

@themightyant

also (del)(/del) for strikethrough

(Sub)(/sub) forfor this funny little writing (subscript)

I'm sure you know (IMG)(/IMG) already

And you can also make links but this occasionally makes people look like a spam bot lol:

(URL=https://www.purexbox.com/forums/xbox-series-x/pure_xbox_game_club_resident_evil_7_december)(/URL)

Weirdly I actually use asterisks for bold and (em)(/em) tags for italics

Bold can also be done with (strong)(/strong)

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

ralphdibny

I wanted to share some screenshots...

Mako Madness:
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
^Mako vs. Shifty Looking Cow
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Landscapes:

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

This last one is a blue star but it looks like the planet carries on behind it as if it is sitting in a well in the planets surface...

First Contacts:

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
^ New Party Member - Class: Thief
Untitled

Other shots:

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
^Strange New Worlds
Untitled
^Ant-Man or the Wasp
Untitled
^Standing on the edge of tomorrow, today
Untitled
^Mother of Dragons
Untitled
^Mother of Dragons II

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

themightyant

@ralphdibny These are great! I haven't really used the photo mode in this game but you make me wish I had! I didn't even know that "shifty looking cow" creature existed, and how did you make the Mako fly so high! lol Well done.

themightyant

ralphdibny

@themightyant cheers! I can't say what days I took some of those Mako photos but I seem to remember thinking about the criticisms about the inflexibility of the Mako as I was lining a few of them up. Mostly I just flung the Mako off of high peaks using a combination of boost and thrusters!

Find the shifty looking cow! There is one in a herd of them that is actually called Shifty Looking Cow (says so when you look at it). If you go up to it and look at it, it freezes. Turn the camera around and look away, turn it back and look at it and you will see it edging closer until it freezes again. If you look away and let it get really close then it does something to you...

See ya!

trev666

little things like the shifty looking cow or the prothean artifact on Eletarnia are some of the little things that make mass effect great

trev666

Balta666

@themightyant it is definitely an unpopular oppinion but I agree with @trev666. ME2 is a fantastic game with many good companions but I really disliked cerberus, the ilusive man and Miranda which brings it to the back of the rank.
P.s: I also don't have a problem with ME3 ending and actually in game I had the biggest screw up on the whole series (One of my lovers killed herself after I f upped on a more diplomatic way of solving the issues at hand)

K1LLEGAL

Great to see a lot of engagement this month with Mass Effect Legendary Edition. I haven’t had the time to join unfortunately. But the first Mass Effect is one of my all-time favourite games (and one of my most replayed games). Is the Legendary version of 1 a big improvement? I might have to go through it. I didn’t understand the excitement for the Legendary release because all the games are backwards compatible.

And just while i’m here, the first is my favourite of the trilogy. I just really loved the world building, it had an extremely strong antagonist in my opinion, and I liked how it felt more like a Bioware RPG than the other 2.

Perhaps if you were on PS3 and played Mass Effect 2 first that would be your favourite just because it would have been your introduction to the world.

I would rank the games; 1,2,3,Andromeda… with 1 being the best. So progressively worse lol, but I would still encourage people who like the trilogy to try Andromeda. It is still a good game (and mostly fixed now I believe), just not Mass Effect 4.

Edited on by K1LLEGAL

https://youtube.com/channel/UCD-3o2EEiJcF3KpTxgD97EQ

https://www.instagram.com/thelovelysnack/

ralphdibny

Had to have a short break from the game because I went to Cornwall this weekend. Coming back tomorrow so I'm hoping to polish it off over the coming days. Last time I played, I had just started Virmire with every side quest up to that point completed.

See ya!

ralphdibny

@trev666 probably longer, knowing me! 😅 Would be good to finish it today though 🤞

See ya!

TuckNorris85

@ralphdibny I have played this game about a dozen times and never found the "shifty looking cow". I have seen the creatures but must have just driven right past them lol

TuckNorris85

trev666

now everyone seems to refer to Ashley as a racist to my knowledge shes a xenophobe which is different

trev666

trev666

but there is an important distinction racists think they are superior while xenophobes dont like anything that is strange or foreign. Ashley doesnt believe shes better than Alien species she doesnt like or trust them which i would say is xenophobic

trev666

ralphdibny

@TuckNorris85 haha fair enough, spoiler alert: he steals your credits when you are not looking

@trev666 that's an interesting distinction you make actually. On earth in the present non fictional time, I always thought of racists as people who didn't like other people with a different colour skin and I thought of xenophobes as anyone who dislikes people from other countries. The terms seem to be used interchangeably in the news and media though. I always thought the superiority thing was specific to a subset of either racists or xenophobes rather than a defining characteristic of either.

I believe either Ashley or Kaiden themselves do actually say at one point, something along the lines of "I mean, I'm not racist or anything" which is probably where players are getting their terminology from. The line stuck out to me because I also thought the use of the word racist was a bit odd but I guess the generalised vocabulary is probably just reflective of the year and galactic society that the characters live in

See ya!

ralphdibny

Just FYI, it looks like next month's game is going to be Dead Space unless we get any more votes.

Brutal Legend -
Conker's Bad Fur Day/Live & Reloaded - 1 (Balta666,
Crysis -
Dead Space - 3 (WCB, lookupmore, Grail_Quest,
Fable Anniversary -
The Gunk -
Hades -
Halo Wars -
It takes two - 1 (WCB,
Kameo: Elements of Power -
Maneater - 1 (themightyant ,
Marvel Avengers -
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
One step closer to Eden -
Ori and the Will of the Wisps - 1 (Clankylad,
Perfect Dark -
Rage -
Sable -
Skul: The Hero Slayer -
Sniper Elite 5 - 2 (themightyant, Lavalera
Trek to Yomi - 2 (WCB, R1spam,
Tunic - 2 (TuckNorris85, xMightyMatt14x,
Undertale - 1 (Balta666,
Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus -
Yoku's Island Express - 2 (Balta666, lookupmore,

I'm also probably going to knock a few games off that list that haven't been voted for. You can still vote for them and I'll add them back to the list, its just a bit of housekeeping really

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic