Forums

Topic: General Xbox Series X|S Thread

Posts 661 to 680 of 1,434

NEStalgia

@mousieone yep. I can't tell if auto updates might still work with power saver now... It lets you turn them on, and even shows you the power saver mode on the update setting screen. It would be cool if it checked periodically in true off mode. There's really do such thing as "true off"since otherwise controllers couldn't turn it on.

But 24/7 fans means wear & tear... Not cool and probably a bug...1x didn't do that.

NEStalgia

BAMozzy

Well worth watching - I know its LONG but Dirt 5 dev talking about next gen consoles, power, features and problems developing games in the lead up to release - especially 120fps modes from home...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

Fenbops

Well guys I’m that happy with my Series X I decided to save some money and cancel my PS5 preorder for now. I’ll pick one up next year when there is more out to play.

I’m loving gamepass, skipping the Xbox one there’s so much to play, finished Ryse today and I’ve been playing the first Ori game, which is simply sublime, didn’t expect it to be so tough though! Haha. Been enjoying a little of gears tactics too. It may not have that killer ‘next gen’ game yet but there’s definitely not a shortage of games for me to play. Very happy.

Fenbops

Krzzystuff

Twice tonight Ryse froze for a few seconds and restarted for me. Anyone have similar issues? System is normal, it loads back up normally but just kicks me back to the home screen. Happened once before. Wonder if is an issue with the game?

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

Krzzystuff

Finished the game without any further issues.

Great freaking game if you haven't played it!

Krzzystuff

NEStalgia

@Fenbops Ori, hollow knight, etc are more or less the dark souls of platformers. Ori is a bit more forgiving than some of those with the healing/save point systems... But yeah, it's supposed to be "Nintendo hard" tough as nails.

Speaking of hard, tetris effect is addictive but brutal. Once they start ramping up the speed to rediculous levels it's impossible to think fast enough to keep up with the blocks. I start making every mistake possible faster and faster. Id played some in vr and it's actually easier to keep up when it's huge and in your face... But man is it crazy hard.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Also it seems loosely confirmed that the fans are supposed to run 24/7 in instant on at a low speed. I love instant on. I love auto updates. It's not as important as before with QR now. I'm not sure i like the idea of the fan running non stop..... Sounds like bearing problems and dust problems being invited.

Not really a fan of eco mode in general, but at least on xsx it stops the fans, the whole thing boots in 15s or less, and the QR keeps your game state and loads in 15s or so as well. 30s from cold boot to starting at the place i left my game yesterday makes me wonder a little of instant on has any value on the new hardware other than listening for streaming/game management connections and obviously auto update. Id love if they added an auto update feature to power up daily automatically send check for updates. Windows laptops don't keep fans running all the time but check updates at certain times after all.

@Krzzystuff I like ryse though it starts getting frustrating in areas where you keep dying In the latter part of the waves and it helps restarting you at the beginning of the area. I find i try it a few times, get annoyed and change games. I'm at the point where you have to storm the fort and open the gate. I've been there for 2 years and never feel compelled to try more than a few repeats of that. I did put it on the ssd though.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Fenbops

@Krzzystuff I started it up a day or two ago and it made a weird noise then crashed back to dash. Then crashed a bit later when I was playing it. Not happened since, I think it’s an issue with this game. I finished it yesterday, that last sequence is awesome, I know it was just QTE’s but it looked amazing haha. The mo cap is something else for a 7 year old game.

Playing through on legendary now, difficulty definitely steps up but doing ok.

Edited on by Fenbops

Fenbops

Fenbops

@NEStalgia I finished Ori 1 today on normal, definitely tricky in some parts but what a great game. Gorgeous to look at and really fun. Can’t wait to start the second!

Fenbops

NEStalgia

@Fenbops Yep! I had or for years on x1, but didn't end up really "getting" it until it was on switch.... Just a month or two ago, ironically. I was going to get 2 on switch as well, but after hearing how pretty it is on xsx i waited. Glad i did, it's so gorgeous! 2 is quite the upgrade from 1... Its a little different. A llittle more metroidvania+Zelda in terms of equipables and a more ability to fight rather than strict platforming. But it definitely makes 1 feel more indie and small compared to it. Really liking it so far.

NEStalgia

Krzzystuff

@Fenbops yeah that's what mine did. Made an odd noise when it froze and off to the home screen. I'll try the PvP to see if i like it before removing it from my system. And yeah for an old game it looks absolutely fantastic. Currently on Gears UE so a while to go still before I get to see Gears 5 and all its visual splendor i keep hearing about.

Krzzystuff

Fenbops

@Krzzystuff I’m gonna start on gears 4. I played 1-3 on 360 so probably won’t go back to them. I tried some Ryse multiplayer, it was ok! Seems hard getting a game though.

@NEStalgia wow this first was gorgeous can’t wait to check out the second if it looks even better. Metroidvania + zelda sounds good too!

Fenbops

NEStalgia

@Fenbops gears 5 has nothing on ori 2..... It's utterly gorgeous on the xsx. They really added so much, graphically, beyond the first! Imo the gameplay plays the metroidvania design up more, too. The first was already metroidvania, but it was low key and most of it was optional side paths... This one integrates it more. There's npcs as well. Definitely a "bigger" more polished game, and you don't notice the simplicity of some of 1's design until you see the second. I've been alternating between it and tetris effect as a late night zen before bed game....
.... Needless to say, i have been losing a lot of sleep.... 😂

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Nexozi

@Krzzystuff @graysoncharles

The series X has died on me. I've packaged it up and will be sending it back to Microsoft tomorrow to get a refund.

Back using the one X, will be sticking with it for a while.

Nexozi

Krzzystuff

@Nexozi sorry to hear that. Yeah take the refund and wait if you have a one x to play on. I have nothing than the series x so I'm sticking with mine as it's running without issues. Gonna register mine for warranty today and look to get that extended warranty as well.

Krzzystuff

Zuljaras

I found the answer on Reddit.

"You do need a ONE-TIME activation to download a config file.

To be clear, it looks like due to the changes in the way BC works with Xbox One games now (Auto-HDR etc) you need to have a one-time download of a config file that does require you to go online.

After that, unless you uninstall the game, do not need to be online again to play the game.

So yes, it is a one-time config file download by going online, but after that it's no longer needed as the Xbox One game is now "configured" for the Series X.

So it's not always online, but "one time online to get config file"."

So the BC on Xbox One games is like on the Xbox One with all BC games.

Disappointing.

JoakimZ

I’m going to get my Series X today, I’m incredibly excited!
The store I ordered from first said I wouldn’t get mine until sometime in december, but yesterday they updated the shipping status to shipped and I’m getting it today.

Now I’m thinking about what game to install first...

Edited on by JoakimZ

JoakimZ

Xbox Gamertag: ZWEIFELundANGST

Krzzystuff

@JoakimZ congrats and enjoy. I played Ryse first and now I've been playing Star Wars Battlefront II. Will boot up Gears UE this weekend likely to finish that game

Krzzystuff

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic