Forums

Topic: Achievement Target April 2024

Posts 1 to 20 of 20

themcnoisy

Hi everyone, having recently surpassed everyone on my friends list I have recently set a target to hit by the end of April '24. I never owned an Xbox 1 but have managed to accrue 222,000 gamer score over the last couple of years. I'm wondering where all you pure xbox heads reside with your personal scores and as a guess, where will you sit in 4 months time.

I know not everyone collects them but it will be interesting nonetheless.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

crippyd

Wow, that is a seriously impressive total for such a short time! I've been on Xbox since the start, although I may have had more than one gamertag, I can't remeber, and my total is 115733. If I get another 1500 in the next 4 months I'll be going great guns.

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

Balta666

Big numbers indeed. Series X is my first Xbox system and I own it since August 2021. I have 65000 atm and up to April I would like to have 75k. I have only completed 5 or so games and in general I just do them if they are in the critical path but I do check the requirements to see what I need to do to get the achievements. Although I did not thought I would care much about it, whenever I am playing other systems I tend to feel I am not raising my gamerscore

themcnoisy

@crippyd I was on x360 and had about 75k. So in the last 22 months or so I've made the rest up (148k now I've just gone past the 223k mark thanks to Spyro).

I'm hoping to hit 250k by April, fingers crossed. I like your Avatar Crippy. I think you unlocked that from Halo Reach or ODST back in the day. I have that outfit too

crippyd

Cheers for that I think it was Reach that I got it for. I miss the little avatars on my console. it's a true to life depiction of me

Edited on by crippyd

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

themcnoisy

@Balta666 I feel the same rofl 🤣 I used to collect trophies on the PS4 and hated that the focus is on the platinums. Much rather have a score to avoid mundane or ultra time consuming tasks just to hear that one ding.

I can still play games on Switch or on my phone, it's not that achievements dominate my gaming but you do miss adding to your overall score. I think that's just the oldskool gamer in us chasing high scores.

Good luck hitting the next 10k.

VOODOO85

Currently on 436,205 and no idea what my target will be for end of 2024. According to TrueAchievements, my gamerscore for 2023 is currently sitting at 122k. Not sure i'll hit that again but i'll aim for close to it and say 550k by end of 2024

I've been on Xbox since the beginning and always had the same gamertag and cared enough about achievements to register on TA back in 2010 but was not a completionist by any means. Throughout XB1 generation, i mainly just played FIFA each year etc but when i got the XSX, i decided i would play a larger variety of games (to justify the purchase to myself)

TA shows my gamerscore in October 2010 as being 55k and in October 2020 as being 80k - so a 25k increase in 10 years

Now since getting the XSX (at launch) i've racked up another 350k in the last 3 years

VOODOO85

themcnoisy

@VOODOO85 That's crazy. 115k per year is mental. I thought I was killing it with 75k, can't imagine upping my game to finish 40 more games rofl 🤣

Well done though voodoo. In another 74k you will be starting to talk In millions rather than thousands.

cardcrusher29

2022 was my first year with Gamepass. I earned 26,000 gamescore. This year, my 2nd year with Gamepass, I'm looking at 19,000. While I keep my daily achievement streak, I don't consider myself an achievement hunter. I just try to go through Gamepass games and stay away from games with extensive multiplayer. Some games can have up to 50% worth of achievement tied to multiplayer.

Before Gamepass, I had less than 4000 gamescore. Most of them from Assassin Creed games.

cardcrusher29

Xbox Gamertag: cardcrusher2

themcnoisy

@cardcrusher29 so you are coming up to 50k, great work CC.

I had a peek at my yearly achievement score and it was actually 84k. I also played for 1335 hours which honestly, is too much. It's been great though, bit of a rubbish year with the cost of living crisis etc, not much spare money coming to the tail end of a mortgage and issues galore with my house. So playing on the xbox has seen me through.

Bundersvessel

I recently surpassed 24000 GS after not adding anything for a while (my wife does help with Powerwash😂) I’ve had my Series X about 18 months but I’d soured on the concept of Achievements/Trophies after chasing so many plats since covid, though now I can feel the pull again and hope to surpass at least 25000 by April and who knows perhaps I’ll set a year end goal 🤔

Anyone set yearly GS goals?

There doesn’t seem to be a dedicated Achievement thread on here? 🧵

Edited on by Bundersvessel

themcnoisy

@Bundersvessel Yesterday I hit exactly 258,695 gamerscore and was waiting with baited breath to update this thread (I targeted 250,000 by April).

Elden Ring, Life, Kids and general other stuff has put the blockers on my achievement hunting truth be told. 95 hours into elden ring and only 360g has to be the worst Gamer Score : Hour ratio I have had since I started. I'm playing strictly offline though so it's more for the experience and adventure, and it's been amazing tbf. My next big game is Baldurs Gate 3 so again, that's going to be a big drain on my Gamerscore.

I will target 280,000 by December. I have a few smaller games to get out of the way once I'm done with Elden Ring.

Bundersvessel

@themcnoisy Congratulations buddy, that’s quite the haul. Longer, more expansive titles do tend to stretch acquirement times due to the nature of the game, I have every faith you’ll get there though.

With you on life stuff, the kids have definitely eaten into my gaming time especially after the arrival of our second in ‘22. I think that is why I tried to just focus on enjoying a game rather than chasing a score or platinum as gaming time had become such a premium.

Good luck with everything 👍

P.S. I’m hoping to finally play Elden Ring when Erdtree arrives in June so I’ll let you know how I get on or more specifically be screaming “help!”

Edited on by Bundersvessel

themcnoisy

@Bundersvessel Elden Rings difficulty can be mitigated somewhat by finding a site of grace (rest point) and then heading off to an area with some easy souls for levelling. It's a slow crawl (I've gone in mostly blind, only using Google to help with 1 major quest line and finding a couple of sub bosses). But if I'm sat at around 60% souls for my next level I just fast travel to said area and farm for twenty minutes, losing that many souls is too heartbreaking. You will find a few areas like this.

The souls games difficulty is balanced between hard and overwhelming, the key is levelling the odds. You will die, you constantly feel vulnerable and it will be frustrating. But spending a good few hours farming is a decent investment when the payoff is so good.

It's strange actually. The start of the game is really freaking hard when you are underpowered. The first 40 hours are rough and it gets easier until the last area where the game developers go with the kitchen sink approach! But bear with it as no other game gives the same level of satisfaction.

Tasuki

@themcnoisy Congrats mate, such a great feeling I bet.

Me myself I don't set achievement goals mainly because I don't deal with achievements. If I get them cool if not then cool as well. Alot of them I feel that developers just put in to artificially extended the length of a game. They use it to claim that a game is over 90 hours long yet the main story is only 10 hours long but to get every achievement takes 70 more hours.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

themcnoisy

@Tasuki hi bro, great to hear from you.

I think some developers put a bit more thought into them these days. Especially with Steam having their own spin on achievements.

The old 'collect 100 mcguffins' is mindnumbing. My least favourite types of award are speedrun achievements and finishing the game in 1 life. Now don't get me wrong, huge kudos to those who can finish Ori in 1 life or complete Return to Monkey Island in under 2 hours. But I want to wander off the beaten path usually resulting in death and listen to the story. Who the heck speedruns Monkey Island?

As noted I'm currently playing Elden Ring, that game has a great achievement list for the most part (beating bosses) however 4 achievements are tied to endings. Without resorting to cloud save shenanigans (which I won't) no normal person, regardless of their affection, is running Elden Ring 4 times. And it also has achievements for finding all top rated weapons, talismans and summons. The worlds flipping humongous so without a guide I will be aiming for 520gs, anything else is a bonus. So achievements can definitely frustrate.

Tekken 8 and Moto Rush GT have had the right achievement mix of the games I've played so far this year. Try all the modes, performing certain moves, try all the tracks/arenas and a bit of grinding. They didn't expect me to learn every last detail so I could enjoy the games for what they are. And they were both pretty good.

Bundersvessel

@themcnoisy Aw thanks mate appreciate the advice. I definitely fall into the grind to op category as I really want to learn to love the genre. I’m currently playing Lies of P at a decidedly glacial pace and levelling up as much as possible. Still getting my arse handed to me haha.

Thanks again 👍

themcnoisy

@Bundersvessel you will get that 103g! Go for it.

• Page 1 of 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic