Forums

Topic: Last Game You Beat

Posts 581 to 588 of 588

Banjo-

@Pastellioli Thank you and same back at you! Yes, Grabbed by the Ghoulies is very intense, very arcadey. I compared it on my mind to Luigi's Mansion because I was Nintendo-only until then, but Luigi's Mansion is more boring (and a plain adventure). It's like I compared Viva Piñata to Animal Crossing, but Animal Crossing is also more boring. Same with Banjo-Kazooie and Super Mario 64. Nintendo is good, but Rare is better.

"Modern" Rare's games are challenging, but also full of charm and almost always fair in gameplay terms, so that makes me go the extra mile. The old games in the collection (Spectrum, etc.) are playable and even enjoyable for someone like me that started gaming on SNES, thanks to the rewind feature. I really enjoy that you're playing Rare's games and writing about them, especially because I read that you played the Donkey Kong Country games and then got an Xbox and started playing Rare Replay. Donkey Kong Country was also the first Rare game I played! Then, I played other games on SNES, N64, the only one on Gamecube and those on Rare Replay. I admit that Grabbed by the Ghoulies is one of my favourites. Although it's difficult, that also made those power-ups so much better!

Banjo-

Old_Man_Harper

Hellblade 2 - 10/10, I really loved this one, the first true ‘next generation’ game of this console generation. I admire that it totally refuses to compromise on the vision it seeks to achieve and I thought it succeeded in every respect.

Also, how long since we had a big Xbox release that launched complete and with all features on day 1? Very refreshing! It will take something special for this not to be my GOTY.

Old_Man_Harper

NintendoByNature

Hellblade 2

Finished last night. Overall, really good experience, nothing great, but nothing
bad either. The walking was sometimes a little too much, but the running sequences, the battles, the puzzles, the audio, the visuals, ALL top notch next gen stuff. I can't really say anything negative other than there's alot of walking. Solid 8/10. Glad it was only a 5-6hr experience, otherwise it would've dragged on too long imo.

NintendoByNature

HarmanSmith

@Old_Man_Harper I'm with you on this one. It may be my GOTY as well. All my respect to Ninja Theory for making the game they wanted to create. They chased their creative vision to the very end, regardless of trends.

Edited on by HarmanSmith

HarmanSmith

Xbox Gamertag: GarcianSmith

Conflix

I'm not sure when I can say I've beaten Slay the Spire. Usually, I say it's when the credits roll. I completed a run which is technically beating it under my definition as the credits rolled but it really is just scratching the surface in that game. I'm also having a hard time doing it again, that game can be rough. Other than that, I beat Hellblade 1 a couple weeks ago.

Conflix

SingleStooge

Halo Infinite - 7/10

Finished the main campaign. Maybe I'm imagining it, but it seems the SP is much shorter than the Bungie-era campaigns. To me, it lasted around 10hrs or so and I did plenty of side objectives on the world map. That would fall inline to CoD campaign length.

Overall, I do like the narrative, but it got "over my head" in the final act – even though I saw Halo Story So Far videos on YouTube. The indoor environments are blatantly repetitive. Every goddam room and corridor are exactly the same. Even the outdoor environment is eactly the same everywhere. If this was the most expensive Xbox-exclusive title of 2020, where in the hell did the money go to? Not in creating diverse zones and indoor variety. Looks like to me that 343 Industries just copy-n-pasted stuff together.

SingleStooge

Yousef-

My last game was ratchet rift apart. Pretty cool.

Steam Friend Code: 1176431257

RetroAchievements username: Yousef777

Switch friend code: SW-7391-1388-5607

My discord is “yousef.” All lowercase and a fullstop by the end, send a friend request if you like!

ErikaPhillips

I was constantly sidestepping the Ghost of Tsushima game. But now it has recently been released on PC and I decided to try it. I was shocked! I love samurai games, I really liked sekiro, but this game is the best I've played in the last 2 years. Try it guys!

ErikaPhillips

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic