Forums

Topic: What are you watching?

Posts 81 to 100 of 204

Red620Ti

Utena-mobile wrote:

I don't know much about game of thrones but one of my friends has shown me most of the death scenes. Also I have another friend who likes game of thrones and she sometimes will tell me how she can't believe so and so has died.

So I think I have a pretty good idea of who's still alive and who's not despite never watching an episode or reading any of the book.

My rule of thumb is if I like a character, he/she is pretty much guaranteed to die. Happened to all but one. (No spoilers)

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

Xbox Gamertag: Red620Ti

Utena-mobile

Red620Ti wrote:

Utena-mobile wrote:

I don't know much about game of thrones but one of my friends has shown me most of the death scenes. Also I have another friend who likes game of thrones and she sometimes will tell me how she can't believe so and so has died.

So I think I have a pretty good idea of who's still alive and who's not despite never watching an episode or reading any of the book.

My rule of thumb is if I like a character, he/she is pretty much guaranteed to die. Happened to all but one. (No spoilers)

lol. I feel the same way about Sean Bean. I love him, and think he's hot, but I've yet to see a movie he's in where he doesn't die.

Valkyrie 2, standing by.

MegaKillScreen

Utena-mobile wrote:

lol. I feel the same way about Sean Bean. I love him, and think he's hot, but I've yet to see a movie he's in where he doesn't die.

I was thinking about this just the other day as [spoiler alert]

He doesn't die in Jupiter Ascending (or 'can We All Please Stop Giving the Wachowskis Money?') although you will die a little inside as you will have watched what is probably one of the worst films ever made in all of time. And I watched Zombie Cats From Mars the other day so trust me, I know what I'm talking about.

Josephine Lawton,
Contributor,
Pure Xbox

Like us on Facebook! - http://www.facebook.com/PureXbox
Add us on Twitter! - http://www.twitter.com/PureXbox

Twitter:

PeTitosaurus

[quote=Utena-mobile]

MegaKillScreen wrote:

...And I watched Zombie Cats From Mars the other day so trust me, I know what I'm talking about.

It appears to have cats in it, therefore your point has been made invalid.

No, but seriously though... The only reason I would watch Jupiter Ascending would be that someone told me that Eddie Redmayne is really good in it. 'Good' in this case being: knows the premise of the film and understands how to make his portrayal fit those conditions. Was told it's over the top, but in a way that fits the movie.

Emma "Tito" - the Swankee speaking Swede and quirky blonde.

Xbox Gamertag: PeTitosaurus | Twitter:

lucieisawesome

I just got Amazon Prime so am watching Batman The Animated Series like it's water and I'm dying of thirst right now!

They literally have EVERY Batman cartoon and movie ever made, I think... This could cause major distraction.

lucieisawesome

Twitter:

crippyd

Currently watching mission impossible on DVD and going to watch 2 through 4 in preparation for the new one next week or the week after.

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

Utena-mobile

@MegaKillScreen:
Oh hey, I just remembered another movie he's in where he doesn't die!! Silent Hill!!

Valkyrie 2, standing by.

Utena-mobile

I'm not watching anything right now. I finished Psycho Pass a little while ago (soooo good) and I was about halfway through Yamada's First Time. One of my friends recommended the show, and I was hesitant because she leans more towards the pervy anime, but it was kind of funny... until Netflix took it off.

I guess it's just back to Korean Dramas and channel surfing between Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network until I find the next thing to obsess over.

Valkyrie 2, standing by.

Jairo_MC

I just finished Season 3 of Orphan Black and I still think it's amazing. Tatiana Maslany has to win that Emmy!
Now, I'm watching Season 2 of The Americans and I'm re-watching Community and I'm already at the 4th and arguably weaker season.

Jairo_MC

Xbox Gamertag: JairoMC | Twitter:

Tasuki

lucieisawesome wrote:

I just got Amazon Prime so am watching Batman The Animated Series like it's water and I'm dying of thirst right now!

Such an awesome series and so pivotal to the Batman and DC universe as a whole. Without it we wouldn't have got Harley Quinn or Mr Freeze as he is now. Plus we wouldn't have so many awesome DC animated shows and movies.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

lucieisawesome

Oh, I totally agree!

I'm a huge Harley Quinn fan so her episodes in this have such a special place in my heart. I really love everything about this series. It's about as close to perfect a Batman universe as I think there ever has been.

lucieisawesome

Twitter:

SuperKMx

Watched through Kotoura-san on Netflix (subtitled, but really funny) and started watching Deadman Wonderland which is...kinda cool I guess. Need to give it a few more episodes.

Outside of anime stuff, season 6 of The League was awesome, and I've started rewatching House of Cards and Orange Is The New Black because it's just so much easier than finding new things.

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

tylertreese

Tasuki wrote:

lucieisawesome wrote:

I just got Amazon Prime so am watching Batman The Animated Series like it's water and I'm dying of thirst right now!

Such an awesome series and so pivotal to the Batman and DC universe as a whole. Without it we wouldn't have got Harley Quinn or Mr Freeze as he is now. Plus we wouldn't have so many awesome DC animated shows and movies.

I think I could do without Quinn.

"Eat light, you stupid machine!" - Lex, Bioforge

Xbox Gamertag: tylertreese | Twitter:

Captain_Chao5

I don't have Netflix, Prime or any of them...just Sky (without movies due to the crap they were showing and charging £15 a month for). There's been a lack of anything worth watching (IMO) lately, so I've been scouring the Sky Box Sets. Watched Whitechapel 1-4, which I liked. Now considering watching The Wire from the start. Any other recommendations welcome.

You don't stop gaming because you get old, you get old because you stop gaming.

Xbox Gamertag: Captain Chao5

crippyd

@Captain_Chao5 Supernatural, Chuck, Ashes to Ashes, Life on Mars, Castle to name a few. I don't know if these are on there (as I don't have Sky) but are all really good IMO.

crippyd

Xbox Gamertag: Crippy D

lucieisawesome

Oooh... Mythbusters! My fiance and I literally only just discovered it and have been binge-watching it every night lately. Up to Season 4. I am amazed we missed so much of this!

lucieisawesome

Twitter:

tylertreese

SGDQ. why would you watch anything else right now?

"Eat light, you stupid machine!" - Lex, Bioforge

Xbox Gamertag: tylertreese | Twitter:

SuperKMx

mindtwang wrote:

SGDQ. why would you watch anything else right now?

The last thing I need when I've been working on pX all day is to watch more games. I'd rather play 'em...or watch something on Netflix.

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic