Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club - Rise of the Tomb Raider (May)

Posts 3,261 to 3,280 of 3,398

gingereno42

Hey all, new here, really enjoy the idea behind a video game book club. I'll be honest this isn't the only game club I'm in, but I find myself on PX a lot anyways, so seemed sensible to jump in.

Sadly,I don't have much to add for this month's game. I played ... Rob's a Bank for a couple hours but really wasn't enjoying the gameplay loop. Objectively it was solid, had everything a person might want, I think it's a me-issue. Moved on to Blasphemous instead xD.

Side question, is there a discord for this community or anything? Or has there ever been an event like a group chatroom/video call ever?

Edited on by gingereno42

gingereno42

Balta666

@gingereno42 hello and welcome! Do you want to be added to the tag list to be able to know first hand about the new games and vote?

Although I have finished the game I share a lot of your feelings about it. The genre is something that is very much a 50/50 for people to get into it. I never played Blasphemous but as both a fan of platformers and Souls is definitely on my list.

About your other question the truth is that so far this forum topic is the only point of access as a group (not counting that some people share their profile on Xbox itself). Personally I am not even sure if there is any channel from Pure Xbox or the rest of the family of sites.

Cheers!

Bundersvessel

Played quite a bit more now and unlocked almost everything so my runs have become a lot more interesting and successful. It is as daft and charming as ‘…Tax Evasion’ and that is my favourite part.

I wasn’t overly keen on the gameplay loop to begin with but now I’m losing 90 minutes doing just one more run and definitely open to other games in genre now. Top turnips!

Bundersvessel

Bundersvessel

@Balta666 Oh, no they’re the longest runs available but I’ve been losing more of my evening than I expected thinking I would only do one more run before bed haha I don’t think I explained that very well.

On the gas front, is there a mask that comes available at all?

Bundersvessel

Bundersvessel

@Balta666 Ah fair enough, it doesn’t look like there is a five star flavoured achievement so probably not.

I opened up the last two sections of maps this morning, the mecha-chad boss was a pushover, I think I might have levelled up too much too soon doing grindy runs 🤷

Bundersvessel

Bundersvessel

Taken down the Super Fox and the coffee guy and now opened up what I expect to be the final stretch. The fact I wasn’t expecting a great deal has made enjoying it much more satisfying and it is excellent in bite size chunks, a good on the side game.

Bundersvessel

Bundersvessel

@Balta666 I wrote a reply then pure Xbox went west 🤷 I think if they expanded on levels, weapons and upgrades it may introduce some balance. Having said that, just like the first game, it is fun and that is what matters ultimately, especially when I’m playing Lies of P concurrently 😂

Bundersvessel

Bundersvessel

@Balta666 Also can I throw a vote down for Rise of the Tomb Raider and Banjo Kazooie please? Ta

Bundersvessel

Bundersvessel

All finished and 1000gs in the bank…

Had a lot of fun with this though it wasa shame you had to re-fight all the bosses instead of having a more unique endgame.
The achievements were pretty straightforward too, go everywhere and do everything you pop them pretty easy, though I didn’t know hats were awarded through inbox too so if you’re missing hats check your phone.

Great little time though I think the first game is still my favourite 👍

Edited on by Bundersvessel

Bundersvessel

NintendoByNature

Not sure what to vote on for April just yet. Something short would be preferred since I'll be diving into Diablo IV at the end of the month and it'll consume April for me.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Bundersvessel

@gingereno42 Hey buddy, been thinking about the discord/group chat thing and would definitely be cool to set something up. I currently have one running with a couple of folks off push square which you’re more than welcome to join or perhaps we get an Xbox one running? I seem to remember Challenger running a group on console many moons ago but not sure what happened to that.

Food for thought anyway mate 👍

Bundersvessel

ralphdibny

Just an update on Sunset Overdrive.

I think I have done everything I am going to do with it.

Ive done both DLC's. Notable points include the boss of the first DLC having a pun name that gave me my first good laugh! The second DLC has a very meta boss (perhaps as usual) that would probably make more sense to me if the online multiplayer was still active. I am guessing it is something to do with that or some community video thing.

The second DLC did have quite a cool sequence that felt like it was ripped straight out of an early 2000s' gamecube era game where you go inside your Xbox! This was quite interesting really.

Just today, I finished off all of the green circle challenges. I got a gold medal in almost all of them except a couple weapons challenges, a few Buck National challenges and a fishing challenge in the DLC. I got the achievement for getting X amount of gold medals so I am satisfied to leave those more tedious (to my taste) challenges be.

There seemed to be a fair amount of interest over at Push Square in having this game ported to Playstation but unless they just left it as is and ported it (which somehow would be a disservice to the game itself) they would either have to add dialogue referencing the jump in platform because so much dialogue is Xbox specific or they would have to re-record it to be about Playstation instead. Somehow, I think the former and poking fun at the idea of the port would probably be a little more on brand for this game.

So I have finished now, I don't think I will pick it back up again. I got all the guns except one. I didn't realise that the clothes used a different currency to the guns so I bought a load of clothes to get the achievement (not that I was much interested in customising my character anyway). I also didn't realise that you can just buy the amps without having to do those tedious tower defence sequences. So some stuff I kind of missed out on during my playthrough really.

See ya!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic