September 2023 was an extremely busy month for CD Projekt Red, with the company celebrating the launch of the well-received Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty expansion along with the game's huge 2.0 update.
Although CDPR has said that Cyberpunk 2077 will no longer receive any major updates, there still appear to be plenty of smaller patches in the pipeline, kicking off with Update 2.01 which will be coming soon to Xbox Series X|S.
We're still waiting on patch notes, but here's a quick look at what to expect from Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.01:
- The distorted effect caused by selecting a specific dialogue option when talking to Johnny at the end of Automatic Love will no longer persist on the screen.
- V will no longer die in The Heist by falling through the elevator when riding to the 42nd floor with low FPS.
- Fixed an issue where the UI could show controller inputs when playing with keyboard and mouse.
- Made it possible to properly switch to arms cyberware by cycling through weapons.
- Gig: Breaking News will be properly triggered after approaching the quest area.
- Vehicle radio volume will be adjusted so it's not too quiet when compared to other sounds in the game.
- Addressed the issue of corrupted saves on PlayStation by increasing the maximum save file size limit. Note: this won't fix the saves corrupted before the update. If you're experiencing the issue, keep a working save (e.g. resave it as manual save) till 2.01 arrives.
- Performance improvements for both PC and consoles, especially in the Dogtown area.
We don't know about you, but we're particularly interested in that last bit about "performance improvements for both PC and consoles", which will hopefully lead to an even smoother and more stable experience on Xbox Series X|S.
We'll be back with the entire patch notes soon enough, but in the meantime here's our review of Phantom Liberty: