It's been a few months now since The Last Case of Benedict Fox launched on Xbox Game Pass to mostly positive feedback, but the team has clearly been working hard to improve the experience further as part of a new update.
That update is available now, and it makes some massive changes to the entire game. These include a revamped camera, remastered combat and animations, rebalanced enemies, UI improvements, M&K remapping and more!
Here's the full list of changes in this new Xbox update for The Last Case of Benedict Fox:
- MNK remapping and customizable controller layout
- Revamped/smoother camera
- More responsive controls
- Remastered combat and animation system
- Faster melee and aiming mechanics
- Rebalanced enemies to match increase player speed
- Enhanced easy difficulty with quest markers
- UI and Map Markers for improved progress flow
- UI improvements based on player feedback
- Overhauled piano puzzle with improved camera and updated UI
- Improved stability and performance
- Audio fixes
- Bug fixes
As mentioned, The Last Case of Benedict Fox is already included with Xbox Game Pass on Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, PC and Xbox Cloud Gaming, so everyone can get in on the action with this new update.
In fact, those who have been playing on PC should have received this update back in late June as part of "Phase 2" of the game's roadmap, with Phases 3-6 eventually set to feature additional quests, puzzles and various other benefits.