The fantastic former Xbox Game Pass title Streets Of Rage 4 has received a major free update on Xbox consoles (and other platforms) today, making over 300 improvements to the game while also adding some new features!
There are way too many patch notes for us to list them all, but some of the biggest new additions include:
Major Update - R08 Changelog:
- Added some destroyable to help to maintain the combo counter
- Added a half second to disappear
- Stage transitions have a bonus time to not break the combo counter
Added Custom Survival Mode:
- Players can tweak his/her survival experience with a variety of options.
- Added Cursed arcades in Mania+ difficulty.
- Added special reinforcements during boss battles.
- Added One life.
- The score to get an extra life is higher in the arcade mode.
Added coop attack:
- Hold 'Pick up' and grab your partner to throw him.
- Airborne player can press a special button to perform a unique attack.
- Lots of reduced hit stop
- All charged attacks and normal combo last hits can hit multiple enemies after the first active frames even if an enemy is hit
- Fixed a bug where some wall bounces could do no damage
- Increased stun on air-down attacks
- Throws will hit the other enemies close to the player with more consistency
The rest of the patch notes are focused around improvements for (many) individual characters, as well as enemies. If you want to see the entire list, DotEmu has published it on the game's official Steam page.
Streets of Rage 4 has been discounted across most platforms this week to coincide with this update, but unfortunately Xbox isn't one of them. Still, we'd highly recommend it even at its base £20.99 / $24.99 price!