The beauty of Xbox Game Pass is how it introduces us to weird and wonderful games we've never heard of before. Ring of Pain is one such title and will be joining the service on October 14 for Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, PC and Xbox Cloud Gaming.
So, what is Ring of Pain? To put it simply, it's yet another roguelite, but this time around is taking the venture into the realms of card-building chaos. Boasting a gorgeous, somewhat terrifying art style, players will have to plan their attacks carefully, as they decide to grab some loot or backstab horrifying creatures. Being a roguelite, expect to die - a lot.
- 16 Core path dungeons plus 2 branching endings to test your final build.
- A Daily Dungeon mode to unlock with 40+ puzzling modifiers.
- 25+ Special dungeons to detour through, filled with loot and strange encounters.
- 280+ items to unlock and combine in a 15 slot inventory.
- 50+ Creatures to learn and adapt to. Some friendly, some fierce...Responsive turn-based mechanics so you can play swiftly or strategically.
It's yet another spooky title for the Halloween season, joining other standout additions such as Visage, The Good Life, and of course, Back 4 Blood. Xbox Game Pass is building up a solid selection of titles to dive into and be scared by.
Let's hope they manage to pack a punch!
Will you be checking out Ring of Pain on Xbox? Let us know in the comments below.