Remember last week when 343 Industries sparked a lot of speculation by announcing Halo: The Master Chief Collection was getting "a new way to play"? Turns out it was referring to a Custom Game Browser.
This has been revealed in the February flighting plans for Halo: MCC, which states that the Custom Game Browser will offer "a new way to play with each other", and you can get a glimpse of it in the screenshot above.
The Halo: MCC team will be flighting other features for Halo Insiders as early as next Thursday, February 18th, which will include a new map from Halo Online - assumed to be the "new place" 343 was also referring to last week.
- Custom Game Browser: a new way to play with each other in MCC
- Season 6 content
- A new map for Halo 3 from Halo Online
- FOV slider support for all Xbox One consoles
- FOV slider will no longer be locked when Xbox Series X|S devices are set to 120hz
- Double Keybindings
- Mouse & Keyboard support for consoles
- Advanced Audio options
- View Model Customization options
Ultimately then, despite plenty of speculation, there's no sign of a separate version of Halo: The Master Chief Collection coming to another platform anytime soon, although we're sure it'll expand to xCloud on iOS and PC later in 2021.
Looking forward to trying out the Custom Game Browser? Let us know down in the comments.