There's been a lot of discussion surrounding the Xbox Series X version of Assassin's Creed Valhalla over the past week, with one report suggesting the game was suffering from performance issues on the system.
In response, Ubisoft has unveiled Title Update 1.04, which not only promises to provide an "improved experience" on Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S, but also adds a 60FPS option for the latter.
Here are the key patch notes (you can find the full rundown on the Ubisoft site):
Graphics/Performance Mode Introduction
Added an option to the game that allows players to choose between Performance or Visual Quality.
- This option is available for Xbox Series X|S & PlayStation 5.
- Choosing Performance allows the game to adapt the resolution and graphic settings to maintain 60 FPS.
- Choosing Quality enables the game to run maximum resolution and graphic settings while maintaining 30 FPS.
- Default values since the launch of the game are as follows:
- Xbox Series X / PlayStation 5: Performance
- Xbox Series S: Quality
Performance and Stability
- Improved stability and performance.
- (Xbox Series) Improved experience on Xbox Series S | X consoles including screen tearing
- (PC) Addressed a VRAM/RAM leakage issue when alt tabbing to desktop.
- Corrected some instances where Load Game would not display save games correctly.
- Renamed Cloud saves to make them more distinguishable from regular saves.
- Previously the cloud save was only highlighted with a Cloud icon. Now they’ll be called, for example, “Manual Save Cloud”
- Removed Cloud saves from the Save menu. This will ensure that it cannot be overwritten unintentionally.
- Added a notification when a cloud save retrieval has failed.
This title update will be live for Assassin's Creed Valhalla on Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S beginning 7AM EDT, 12PM GMT on Thursday, November 26th, and has a size of just over 5GB.
What are you most looking forward to about this update? Let us know in the comments below.