If you're sat looking at your dated Xbox Gamertag of 'n00b destroyer' and wishing for something more mature these days, then this is the guide for you.
Whether you want to change it to remove yourself from your teenage identity or just want to spruce it up to something a bit different, it's a pretty simple process and one that is outlined below:
How To Change Your Xbox Gamertag
There are two ways you can change your Gamertag - either via your console or online. It's a relatively easy process no matter which way you choose, but be aware you can only change it once for free, after that you will be charged a certain amount, dependant on your region.
Change Your Gamertag Via Xbox One Or Xbox Series X|S
If you want to do it through your console - either Xbox One, Xbox Series X or Xbox Series S - here's exactly how to do so:
- Step One: Open your Xbox guide.
- Step Two: Go to "Profile & system" and select your Gamertag.
- Step Three: Then select "My profile" followed by "Customise profile".
- Step Four: Select your Gamertag.
- Step Five: Click "Choose your new Gamertag" and enter the one you wish to change it to.
- Step Six: Review your Gamertag.
- Step Seven: Once happy, click "Change Gamertag".
Change Your Gamertag Via The Internet
If you'd prefer to change your Gamertag online, then follow these steps to do so:
- Step One: Go to the official Gamertag change website.
- Step Two: Sign in to your Microsoft account your Xbox Live Gamertag is registered to.
- Step Three: Enter your new Gamertag and check your availability.
- Step Four: Review your Gamertag.
- Step Five: Once, happy click "Claim it".
You can now showcase your new Gamertag for the world to see, making other players incredibly jealous of your new lettering.
Have you changed your Gamertag? Drop us a comment and let us know.