Forums

Topic: Kinect Sports

Posts 1 to 19 of 19

Corbs

Been playing this one for the review and so far it's been quite fun. Word of warning: When it says 6-8 foot of room needed, it's not kidding. You'd better get ready to clear some space out for this one, especially if you want to bring another player into the fold.

Plain old gamer :)

James

Or don't want to destroy your shiny TV

James

Ravage

Microsoft has a real genius idea there. If there is no controller, no one can be blamed for a controller through the TV. Now I know the real reason why they didn`t want controllers. Pfft! Who need innovation!

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

xOGxGunnz

Definitely my favorite Kinect title so far. Bowling online with my friends is a blast.

Think twice...

Cassiboyuk

I am loving kinect sports. 2 player with my six year old is great with have loads of fun. Just pity he seems to have more gamer points than me.  Anyone else loving it?

Loving my Halo Gamepad

ajfromuk

Is it good then? I only ask becasue I pre-ordered it with the Kinect, then after readying a revue by Engadget I canceled and went with Dance Central (which is okay but isn't as fun as I had hoped).

Cassiboyuk

I like it its not taxing, unless ur playing track and field..lol

Loving my Halo Gamepad

The_Griffy

Kinect Sports is on my list. Decided to go for Dance Central as my first Kinect game - haven't regretted it.

Xbox Live Gamertag: The Gr1ffy

Richfrombechtle

Kinect Sports is brilliant. I was really excited about getting it and then I too saw the review from Engadget and was put off; however my local Game store recommended it...and how right they were! The football is great...the super saver mini game is huge fun! 10 Pin bowling I find to be very realistic too. All in all a definite must have

Richfrombechtle

SUPERGHOST

I had no idea I would love it as much as I do!  Great game (though I did begin to suffer from some muscle pain due to the bowling...)

"Those video games aren't gonna play themselves!"
http://xboxsuperghost.wordpress.com/

ChrisPstansbury
Corbie

Been playing this one for the review and so far it's been quite fun. Word of warning: When it says 6-8 foot of room needed, it's not kidding. You'd better get ready to clear some space out for this one, especially if you want to bring another player into the fold.

Totally agree. I was playing table tennis on XBL the other evening against my Brother-In-Law. We are both very competative and, after I destroyed him with a one round TKO in boxing we were playing for pride!

I served the first, we rallied, point to him. I tried to ace him on the second serve, threw the ball up and swung at it full pelt. After the initial shock I realised I had hit the light fitting so hard I smashed the bulb and tripped the light circuit for the house so space is needed!

Just in case you wanted to know after the disaster I lost 8 - 11 but went to level 10 and got my Baseball cap!

Edited on by ChrisPstansbury

ChrisPstansbury

TheBaconator

If I'm getting a Kinect for Christmas would this be the game to get for it? I'm limited to only one other game with it, so would this be the one I should ask for?
(Wow these forums are much nicer then those on Nintendolife, but very...empty)

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

TheDoctor213
Ravage

Microsoft has a real genius idea there. If there is no controller, no one can be blamed for a controller through the TV. Now I know the real reason why they didn`t want controllers. Pfft! Who need innovation!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi … V-Casualty

Life will find a way

TheDoctor213

SagaciousTien
ballkirby1

If I'm getting a Kinect for Christmas would this be the game to get for it?

It would be a good choice I imagine. Remember though that Kinect Adventures comes with Kinect as well, and that is mini games with friends as well. So Kinect Sports is essentially more of the same. If that puts you off, than I can recommend Dance Central and Kinectimals as different but enjoyable experiences.

Loves Kinect.

mastodona

Kinect sports is probably the best most polished game out so far, i rate it over dance central just because its more varied. The only weak points I find are the boxing and pingpong...to me both seem unresponsive and laggy compared to the rest.
The football and goalie mini game show some great potential for possible future fifa games.

mastodona

Muzz3110

Hey guys. visited the website, really great thought I'd join in.. Kinect sports is my best game by far the one thing I would have liked though is a worldwide leaderboard to see how my fat busting efforts rank along side everyones.

Also got Your Shape fitness and that Fighters Uncaged.. got it for xmas.

Happy new year guys and what a year it will be for Kinect!!

Muzz3110

dirtyvu

Rare has a Facebook app that let's you create or join leagues for whatever Kinect Sports events.  So if you want to join a bowling league, you can.  Or if you want to create a league for just your friends, you can.

It's also a great stat keeping program.  You can check out your accomplishments and other people's.  It also let's you know lots of little stats like how many times you played bowling.  Or how many spikes you did in volleyball.

dirtyvu

SUPERGHOST
dirtyvu

Rare has a Facebook app that let's you create or join leagues for whatever Kinect Sports events.  So if you want to join a bowling league, you can.  Or if you want to create a league for just your friends, you can.

It's also a great stat keeping program.  You can check out your accomplishments and other people's.  It also let's you know lots of little stats like how many times you played bowling.  Or how many spikes you did in volleyball.

A very cool app!  With the new year here, it is time to restart my bowling league!

"Those video games aren't gonna play themselves!"
http://xboxsuperghost.wordpress.com/

DRAV3N_UK

Got Kinect Sports for Christmas and this & Dance Central really got the party going. Even my 69 year old Dad enjoyed it!

Note to self though; "Forget achievements on these games and just enjoy!" (anyone tried getting 5 goals on Professional/Champion mode or winning at bowling in Champion mode :0 )

The controls are polished and the whole game feels great to play. I particularly like the Football game and also the Track & Field - reminds me of school sports day!

DRAV3N_UK

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.