Forums

Topic: Pure Xbox Game Club - Rise of the Tomb Raider (May)

Posts 441 to 460 of 3,394

Krzzystuff

Ok so the punchcard this month took all my gaming time so I'm jumping into ReCore next to stay with the chat on June's game and I'll come back to dishonored afterwards. It sure sounds great and I've only heard more positive thing's about Dishonored 2

Edited on by Krzzystuff

Krzzystuff

Xbox Gamertag: Krzzystuff

ralphdibny

Hi all!

This month's game is ReCore which is on game pass and I believe is a first party game.

HLTB has the following times pegged for various stages of completion:

• Main Story - 12 Hours
  • Main + Extras - 18½ Hours
  • Completionist - 38½ Hours

Hopefully the main story should be doable for most of us anyway! So start your engines, set your downloads and get going on this game!

Obligatory tag list:

@Tothington91 @MAC26 @XBontendo @Justifier @LtSarge @Tjuz @nessisonett @crippyd @Krzzystuff @sib @Ryu_Niiyama @John117 @Kefka2589 @Kaori-chan @LeanerFasterStronger @cracked_seal @Mr-Fuggles777 @Mundaney @KilloWertz @Beagle

Please let me know if you want to be either added or removed from this tag list!

Perfect Dark seemed like the next most voted game, with Crysis after that. I'll stick both up for voting among some others that I'll throw out there. Votes start from zero again just so we aren't counting months old votes from users who are no longer participating.

Perfect Dark
Crysis
Quantum Break
Mirror's Edge
Psychonauts

I know I've chucked some rather tantalising options in there but I'm still hoping Perfect Dark gets the most votes because it's been on the back burner for ages 😅. I must say that recent-ish addition of Psychonauts is very tempting though!

As always, chuck us your own suggestions and I'll tally up all the votes from the list above and any votes for additional suggestions!

See ya!

LtSarge

Looking forward to finally playing ReCore! Been in my backlog for years now. Will have to start it up either next week or during the weekend at the earliest since this is my last week of uni before I go on summer break.

I'm voting for Perfect Dark, Crysis, Mirror's Edge and Psychonauts from that list. I don't feel like playing Quantum Break this early after having finished Alan Wake, so I won't be voting for it. I was also planning to suggest Psychonauts since it feels like the perfect title to talk about on Game Club and considering the sequel is coming out soon it would be nice to play the first game.

I also want to ask if it's okay to suggest season 1 of the Batman Telltale series. The reason why I bring it up is because of my recent revived interest in Telltale games as I just finished season 2 of Walking Dead. Then I remembered back when I started up PushSquare Game Club that somebody suggested we should play Telltale games as their episodic structure would be a good fit for Game Club. However, I've already played the first two seasons of Walking Dead and that series doesn't seem to have a wide appeal. That's why I want to suggest Batman because I still haven't played it and I think most people here would prefer Batman over Walking Dead. Both seasons were offered through Games with Gold last year, so the games aren't on Game Pass. But I thought since it wasn't that long ago, a lot of us should still have gotten the games. If not then feel free to skip this suggestion!

Edited on by LtSarge

LtSarge

Krzzystuff

I'll vote for perfect dark & Pshyconauts. I missed out on Dishonored last month so I'll be starting that after ReCore. Both are installed already.

Happy gaming everyone.

Krzzystuff

Mr-Fuggles777

I will vote for mirrors edge and Psyconauts.

Crysis 2 would have got my vote, but not that interested in replaying the first one.

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

Xbox Gamertag: SGG BADGER

ralphdibny

Nice one peeps!

@LtSarge not sure when psychonauts 2 is out. It's supposed to be this year but I don't think there's an exact date. I'm hoping that it comes to game pass day one though. I haven't played the original but I'm quite interested in it after playing Day of the Tentacle/Full Throttle. I know psychonauts ain't a point and click game but it's still made by similar/same people.

There is an interquel on PSVR too that I picked up in the sale last week called Psychonauts Rhombus of Pain or something!

All suggestions are welcome btw! I'd probably sit out Batman Season 1 because I've already played it but I am quite happy to have another month off if others want to play it. The Walking Dead was so good though! Considering I don't watch the show or read the comics, I absolutely loved all of the games except Michonne which was a bit irrelevant to the overall game series. Even though I'm more of a fan of Batman, I think I enjoyed TWD much much more as a telltale game. It really got me in the feels!

This is how I'd rank the Interactive movie style telltale games I've played so far from best to worse:

1. Tales from the Borderlands
2. The Walking Dead main series
3. Guardians of the Galaxy
4. Game of Thrones/Batman tied
5. Michonne (probs would be better if I watched the show)

I can't remember if there's any more I haven't mentioned, I have played the first two Sam and max games and most of the CSI games but they are way more point and clicky than the movie style games

See ya!

LtSarge

@ralphdibny Ah okay. Well based on the other votes, it seems best to focus on the other games. I'm probably going to play Batman on my own time anyway so maybe it'd be best to reserve my votes for games that I'm not that inclined to play on my own. After all, for me Game Club is about playing games that I'm not planning on playing anytime soon.

LtSarge

Krzzystuff

@ralphdibny just a quick comment, the addition of the HLTB data about the game of the month was a great addition. As always appreciate the work you do to keep this going.

Krzzystuff

ralphdibny

@Krzzystuff cheers 👍, I appreciate the appreciation!

I always check HLTB before I start a game just to see if I actually have time for it. Just thought I'd add it this time because my post was feeling a little light on text 😅. I'll try and keep it up in future months!

@LtSarge might be a good idea. They are good games but input is so minimal on them that there's probably not a huge amount to talk about on them. Well not a month's worth of talking anyway 😅.

I've still gotta do season 2 of batman on PS4, it's just been on the back burner for ages. I'm saving the GwG copies for a 10000 gamerscore punch card when gamepass is light on easy GS games

It's a shame TWD Final season isnt on game pass. I actually bought a used copy of it because I couldn't wait to finish the story of it after I'd played the game pass iterations!

Edited on by ralphdibny

See ya!

Krzzystuff

@ralphdibny so there is another TWD game after the new frontier? It ended like another one was coming but I didn't know it was already out

Krzzystuff

Mr-Fuggles777

Just seen that a Crysis remake Trilogy is coming at the end of the year, can we put that game on the back-burner for Game Club as I would happily play all 3 in 4k (and new achievement lists)

ralphdibny

@Krzzystuff ooo yeah, it's called The Walking Dead: The Final Season! It's a good ending to it I think. I don't know if it's worth the £15 I paid for it but I'm glad I bought it because I don't think the first 3 seasons would have stuck in my memory so well if I had left it. I can always resell/try and get the full collection if I decide to replay them. I don't know if I can go through all that emotion again though 😅. I tried my hardest to keep Kenny alive all through Season 2 only for that brief flashback in Season 3 to crush my dreams haha.

@Mr-Fuggles777 possibly yeah, it's still getting outvoted anyway. Perfect Dark, Mirrors Edge and Psychonauts are hot contenders for next month anyway with Psychonauts currently edging out the competition. I'm not particularly fussed either way as I'd be playing whatever version of Crysis is on game pass anyway

See ya!

KilloWertz

My vote would be either Quantum Break or Psychonauts. Mirror's Edge is a great game, but not really looking to play it again since I have so many other games that I've never played yet.

Perfect Dark would be fine as I never finished it when I tried it finally last year, but that was because it didn't click with me much at all even though I've always wanted to play it (I was one of the few that though the campaign for Zero was ok). So, having that be the choice eventually would be ok if only to give it one more chance, but I still stick with my other two votes.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Mr-Fuggles777

Started playing Re-Core and I'm immediately impressed by how smooth it is. I remember picking it up when it first launched and giving up after a few hours due to how buggy and glitchy it was.

Gameplay wise, it's very much a Zelda like game with simple exploration opening up new areas/dungeons that gives kit to further explore. I played about 2 hours yesterday and really enjoying it so far.

ralphdibny

@Mr-Fuggles777 Zelda like eh? 🤔 Sounds really cool! I literally had never heard of it until someone suggested it for game club. Looking forward to getting started on it!

See ya!

LtSarge

I remember reading that ReCore was made by former developers of the Metroid Prime series, which is what initially piqued my interest in the game. I'm glad to hear that it resembles the Zelda franchise since it's also very similar to Metroid Prime in terms of level design (dungeons) and puzzle-solving.

LtSarge

Mr-Fuggles777

The combat is getting more interesting, you get new little friend robots to help you out that also have new powers to help exploring (ive got 2 so far the dog and an octopus that grabs onto rails your gun also changes colour - you need to match the ammo colour with enemies core colour to do damage.

Edited on by Mr-Fuggles777

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic