Deals With Gold, Permanent Price Cuts, and a Big Capcom Sale Aim to Empty Your Wallet

Posted by Dave Letcavage

Surely there's something here for you

On top of the usual Deals With Gold offers that grace us weekly, Major Nelson has announced a handful of permanent price drops and also unveiled a fairly beefy list of Capcom games currently on discount.

Starting today, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5, Kinect Sports Rivals, and Ryse will run $49.99, both at retail and on the Xbox Games Store. This $10 price-cut applies to the US and Canada (no mention of Europe — sorry guys). It's not the most significant markdown, but at least it's something.

Now onto the weekly sales, which are a bit juicier. All the following discounts are effective until Monday August 11th.

Deals With Gold

Xbox One
Angry Birds: Star Wars (50% off)
Call of Duty Ghosts: Gold Edition (33% off)
Call of Duty Ghosts: Digital Hardened Edition (30% off)

Xbox 360
Call of Duty Ghosts (50% off)
Terraria (67% off)
Rock Band 3 (50% off)
The Doors Greatest Hits: Rock Band Edition (50% off)
Bon Jovi Greatest Hits: Rock Band Edition (50% off)
American Idiot Album (50% off)

Capcom Sale

Asura's Wrath (75% off)
Bionic Commando: Rearmed (50% off)
D&D Chronicle of Mystara (66% off)
Darkstalkers Resurrection (67% off)
Dead Rising (66% off)
Dead Rising 2 (75% off)
Dead Rising 2: Off The Record (66% off)
Dead Rising 2 Case West (50% off)
Dead Rising 2 Case Zero (50% off)
Devil May Cry HD Collection (67% off)
DmC Devil May Cry (50% off)
DmC Devil May Cry Vergil’s Downfall (50% off)
DustForce (50% off)
Final Fight: Double Impact (60% off)
Lost Planet 2 (75% off)
Lost Planet 3 (66% off)
Mega Man 10 (50% off)
Mega Man 9 (50% off)
Remember Me (75% off)
Resident Evil 4 HD (67% off)
Resident Evil 5 (67% off)
Resident Evil 5 Untold Stories Bundle (67% off)
Resident Evil 6 Additional 3-Mode Pack (50% off)
Resident Evil Code: Veronica X HD (66% off)
Resident Evil Revelations Unveiled Edition (66% off)
Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (71% off)
Street Fighter III : Third Strike Online Edition (75% off)
Street Fighter X Tekken Additional Characters Pack (75% off)
Super Puzzle Fighter (50% off)
Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD (66% off)

Did anything catch your eye? Is your cash staying in your bank account, or do you expect a decline in digits by week's end? Take the conversation to the comments.

[via majornelson.com]

Pichuka97

Pichuka97 said:

I am really tempted to get the Mega Man games but I was holding out to buy those on Wii.

@Pichuka97 I've been thinking about downloading these Mega Man games, as well. but I probably won't do it because of how much I dislike the 360 D-pad.

Pichuka97

Pichuka97 said:

@DRL It depends. I kinda like the D-Pad on the 360 controller but only the redesigned ones, not the original. Those felt to stiff.

I'll probably get Mega Man 9 and 10, seeing as I haven't played them yet.

@DRL the normal 360 controllers d-pad isn't that bad, but I'm so happy I have my red chrome series controller with the better d-pad for the arcade games :-)

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

@DRL
They should hurry up and release those games on Xbox One, Wii U and PS4. I have mega Man 9 and 10 on my Wii but I'd like to have those games on one of my current systems. 360 D pad sucks but they did a fabulous job on the X1. Now you got me itchin to play some MM with that finely crafted D pad to put it to the test

@JaxonH That would be awesome. And I agree with you, the X1 D-pad is fantastic. I was worried about its clickiness originally, but I don't even notice any noise when I'm playing. If your'e looking to put the X1 D-pad to the test, try out 1001 Spikes if you haven't already on a Ninty platform.

@hydeks @Pichuka97 The D-pad on the original 360 controller is a nightmare for me, but the gray controller with the rotating D-pad is definitely better — although, it still rolls a bit too easily.