Xbox One Is The More Popular Console in the US...On Facebook

Posted by Anthony Bacchus

Social media market share

This should get the fan boys boiling. According to data pulled from Facebook, the Xbox One is more "liked" across the United States than the PlayStation 4 and the Wii U.

The information comes from the Movoto Real Estate Blog where they collected and arranged a map of gamers' console preference in the country, similar to the US presidential election. The Xbox One leads with 22 states over the PS4's 19 states. 9 states are tied (due to how Facebook rounds-off audience estimates), and the Wii U failed to win any states at all.

While this map ultimately has no real correlation to sales, it is interesting to see each state preferring one console over the other. The Xbox One is definitely more popular around the coasts like California and New York while the PS4 trumps in the heartlands. Nevada seems to like both consoles with 54,000 towards Xbox One and 52,000 to the PS4. Mississippi, on the other hand, registered the least amount of likes for both machines.

Even though the Xbox One is the popular console in this scenario, Microsoft's latest black box is still lagging behind the competition. The PS4 has outsold the Xbox One for the past five consecutive months. However, now with a brand-spanking new $399 price drop, the tables could be turning in Microsoft's favour.

[via movoto.com]

Sponsored links by Taboola

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

Poor Wii U lol... not one state?

Makes sense though. MS is an American brand. It's iconic. Xbox is a household name here. I have a feeling a lot of people will be buying Xbox One consoles over the coming years. Just takes people a while to get around to doing it over here I think. It's not "top priority" unless you're an avid gamer.

kensredemption

kensredemption said:

@Kaine_Morrison I'm inclined to agree with you on that one. Probably another misinformed pseudo-journalist who insists on perpetuating this console war nonsense and didn't even bother to mention the only company that took home the gold: Nintendo.

Yay, I think this is basically a PS4 vs Xbox One poll, but besides that point, these results don't surprise me at all. The Xbox One seems to be the more popular console where I live (Canada, Southern Ontario area) cause its hard to find a Xbox One without Kinect, but finding a PS4 is really really easy lol

If Nintendo was included in this, shouldn't New York at least been in favour of the Wii U? Their like Nintendo World nutty there :-) lol

@hydeks

I live in New York, from what I've seen, it's a pretty even split between PS4 and X1. I don't think Nintendo World being in NY would really change things that much. What would have more impact is that Wii U is finally starting to get some good games.

The results don't surprise me, NA is Xbox land and MS had the better E3. Thing is last gen a map wouldn't have looked remotely close to this, it'd have been all green. If Sony can remain this close this gen over here we're in for a sales race that is basically neck and neck worldwide. Both are ridiculously outpacing the Wii U but I wouldn't count Nintendo out yet either.

Kaine_Morrison

Kaine_Morrison said:

I went through as much of the info on the site and Nintendo isn't mentioned. It is a PS4 vs XB:O poll.

Further evidence is in the Map.
You cannot have a tie with 3 Systems.
It would be stated as a 3-Way Tie.
The bars show an even split for PS4 and XB:O