News Article

Saints Row IV Claims Top Spot in UK Chart

Posted by Ken Barnes

Blacklist has to settle for second.

It was a busy week at retail in the UK last week, with the traditional fourth quarter boom looming just around the corner. All three games at the top of the GfK Chart-Track All Formats Chart were new releases, with Saints Row IV taking the top position. The game enjoyed the fourth biggest launch week of the year, behind Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite and Sony's The Last of Us. 69% of Saints Row IV sales were on Xbox 360, with the remaining 31% being on PS3.

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist hit the second position, with Disney Infinity landing in 3rd place. Infinity picked up 43% of sales on 360, with 22% on PS3, 21% on Wii, 10% on Wii U, and 4% on 3DS.

Last week's top seller, Payday 2, suffered a massive fall, dropping from the top of the tree, all the way down to number 18. A 76% drop in sales week-on-week appears to be due to a problem in providing stock to stores, as a lot of retailers are unable to get their hands on a copy of the game for love nor money. The Bureau: XCOM Declassified entered the chart at number 10, with the Wii U exclusive The Wonderful 101 only serving to highlight the trouble that the platform is in, failing to make the top 20 with a number 22 debut.

The full chart is below.

UK All Formats Chart

  1. NE Saints Row IV (Deep Silver)
  2. NE Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist (Ubisoft)
  3. NE Disney Infinity (Disney)
  4. 2 Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition (Microsoft)
  5. 3 Call of Duty: Black Ops II (Activision)
  6. 4 FIFA 13 (EA Sports)
  7. 5 Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo)
  8. 8.LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes Warner Bros.
  9. 6 The Last of Us (Sony)
  10. NE The Bureau: XCOM Declassified (Take 2)
  11. 11 Assassin's Creed III (Ubisoft)
  12. 16 Max Payne 3 (Take 2)
  13. 14 LEGO The Lord of The Rings (Warner Bros.)
  14. 15 Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
  15. 9 Tomb Raider (Square Enix)
  16. RE Skylanders Giants (Activision)
  17. 10 Grand Theft Auto IV (Rockstar)
  18. 1 Payday 2 (505 Games)
  19. 7 The Smurfs 2 (Ubisoft)
  20. 12 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Legendary Edition (Bethesda)

Related Games

User Comments (1)



Gamer83 said:

Figured those would be the top two games though I thought SC would take the top spot. I'll be interested to see where each land in the August NPD.

Leave A Comment

Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...

Like to talk?

For more discussion, visit the Pure Xbox Forums