The 2022 edition of the Xbox Summer Game Fest Demo event is now live, and that means you can check out over 30 free demos on your Xbox One, Xbox Series X, or Xbox Series S from today until Monday, June 27th!
The vast majority of these demos should be accessible via the Xbox dashboard on your console, although if they're not showing up, you may have to navigate to the "demos" section of the Xbox Store or search for them manually.
PSA: In addition to these, two new separate demos for Matchpoint: Tennis Championships (coming to Game Pass in July) and Warhammer 40,000: Shootas, Blood & Teef have also shown up on the Xbox Store recently.
"Demos are playable starting today, and we encourage you to continue to check them out all week. Don’t forget that you can provide feedback to the devs too! Keep in mind that most of these demos are an early look at gameplay and may not represent the full game at their release, including the availability in each country as developers continue to update and refine their title ahead of launch."
- Another Crusade: Discover a 3d wooden puppet style world while exploring as a platformer, and take battles in a turn-based combat as an old school RPG where timing and strategy is all!
- Ato: Ato is an Atmospheric, Metroidvania, Sword Dueling Game set in the Era of Feudal Japan. It tells a visually driven story about a father who has given up his past ways in order to live a life of peace with his wife and child.
- Batora: Lost Haven: Batora: Lost Haven® is an interplanetary action RPG adventure with a rich, choice-driven story.
- BattleCakes: Indulge in a delicious adventure as you choose to battle or befriend your enemies to save the day your way! Personalize your cupcake hero and meet charming friends along the way.
- Boxville: Boxville is 2-in-1: an animated film and a puzzle game. An adventure and puzzle game, with more than 300 hours of artists’ time spent on every scene.
- BROK the InvestiGator: The very first PUNCH & CLICK! Narrative-driven adventure game that blends action, puzzles and investigation in never-before-seen ways. Will you use your brain... or your brawn?
- Broken Pieces: Broken Pieces is an action-packed investigative and adventure video game set in France. The game immerses you in the shoes of Elise, a woman in her thirties who finds herself in the village of Saint-Exil in an imaginary region reminiscent of Brittany.
- Despot’s Game: A group of people wake up in a strange post-apocalyptic labyrinth — naked, with no memories and with a bunch of weapons. Is this a joke, a crazy experiment, or... a game? You'll find out soon enough, just try not to die first!
- Doodle God Evolution: Doodle God: Evolution is a unique edition of the well-known game that includes not only the classic Doodle God, but Doodle Farm as well.
- Endling – Extinction is Forever: Experience a world ravaged by mankind through the eyes of the last fox on Earth in this eco-conscious adventure. Discover the destructive force of the human race, as it corrupts, pollutes, and exploits the most precious and valuable resources of the natural environment day by day.
- Exhausted Man: Play as an ordinary person who is exhausted but refuses to sleep, complete everyday challenges, and earn a better life.
- Grid Force – Mask of the Goddess: Grid Force is a grid-based bullet-hell RPG with a diverse cast, lightning-fast combat, and a deep story that adapts to your choices.
- Grotto: Grotto is a mystical, narrative-focused experience. You are the Soothsayer. The one capable of talking with the stars and unveiling their messages. In a time of turmoil, the tribe of the valley turn to your powers of divination and come to you for guidance.
- Lost Ruins: A young girl wakes up in a dimly lit dungeon without any of her memories. Surrounded by horrible, bloodthirsty monsters, the girl is rescued by the magician, Beatrice. With Beatrice’s help, the girl goes on a perilous journey to find answers, and unlock the secrets of the Lost Ruins.
- Metal: Hellsinger: Metal: Hellsinger is a rhythm FPS, where your ability to shoot to the beat will enhance your gameplay experience. The more in sync you are with the rhythm, the more intense the music will become and the more destruction you will cause.
- MUSYNX: MUSYNX is the next destination of choice for rhythm game fans to rock out and stretch their rhythmic fingers! The simple, organic game mechanics will put players to the test with rhythms and beats like no other.
- Nummels: Nummels is a platformer where you are the smartest one in a land filled with idiots. It's up to you to help these guys make it to the exit in one piece. The Nummels are very dumb, but also very predictable.
- Overpass: Rhythm Roadtrip: Overpass is a road trip rhythm game where you journey to uncover the history of the future. Using a brand-new perspective, move to the music as the world moves past you.
- Overrogue: Proceed through dungeon-like labyrinths building up your card deck in a roguelite style! There are up to 5 different labyrinth themes based on card genres like poison or graveyards.
- PolyFury: Polyfury is an intense bullet hell with a circular twist and a minimalistic visual style. Seven Deadly Shapes will push your abilities to the edge with a barrage of bullets and lasers as you freely orbit around the arena with the analog stick.
- RE:CALL: In RE:CALL you play through the memories of the character you're controlling. Your actions inside these flashbacks have immediate consequences in the present moment, letting you take advantage of the situation in order to progress the story.
- Richman10: "Richman10" is a classic chess game in which players earn money by luck (dicing) and strategy (buying land and buying cards) to defeat other players.
- Sail Forth: Experience the Deepblue! Put the wind to your back and cast out into High Adventure over a vast ocean spanning numerous unique regions, each packed to bursting with its own flora, fauna, and ambient music.
- Severed Steel: Severed Steel is a single-player FPS featuring a fluid stunt system, destructible voxel environments, loads of bullet time, and a unique one-armed protagonist. It's you, your trigger finger, and a steel-toed boot against a superstructure full of bad guys.
- Shadowrun Returns: The unique cyberpunk-meets-fantasy world of Shadowrun has gained a huge cult following since its creation over 30 years ago. Return to the world of Shadowrun, with this cult-classic turn-based tactical RPG finally ported to consoles.
- Spiderheck: SpiderHeck is a fast-paced couch co-op brawler where spiders dance to the death in the grip of chaotic battles using laser swords, grenades and even rocket launchers to defeat their foes.
- Strings Theory: Strings Theory is a wacky puzzle / arcade game where you control the particles of life itself! Inspired by the romantic side of physics, we take you on an epic journey into the heart of Anomaly.
- Strong Moon: Strong Moon is an action and adventure videogame inspired in the 90's cartoons. Join our protagonist Strong Moon's quest to find his weird brother, who was kidnapped by a deranged magician.
- Stuffed: STUFFED is a procedurally generated first-person shooter, that takes place in the dreams of a little girl. Play as a teddy bear and fight waves of nightmares as you defend your owner. Play solo or join your friends in up to 4 player online co-op.
- Terror of Hemasaurus: Play as a giant monster and wreak havoc on humanity in this retro city smash ‘em up! Punch buildings, slap helicopters, eat humans, kick cars – enjoy multiple ways to cause carnage! Satisfying arcade action and mindless destruction for up to 4-players!
- Tinykin: Milo arrives on Earth to find that he's way too small, everybody's gone and a day hasn't passed since 1991! Team up with the mysterious tinykin and use their unique powers to create ladders, bridges, explosions and a lot more!
- Wave Break: Wave Break is the world's first skateBOATING game, inspired by arcade skateboarding classics. Grind, grab, kickflip and shoot your way through an explosive 80s crime-filled Miami Vice themed world.
- Wreck Out: Get ready to Wreck Out as you spin & fling your way to brick-busting glory. Smash & grab power ups and compete head-to-head in knockout arena play.
- Ynglet: Swim, launch, jump, and bounce between bubbles that float through the sky, in this meditative floating platformer.
Which of these will you be trying over the next few days? Let us know down below.
Please note that some external links on this page are affiliate links, which means if you click them and make a purchase we may receive a small percentage of the sale. Please read our FTC Disclosure for more information.