As you may have seen in our Xbox Free Play Days roundup yesterday, Call of Duty: Vanguard is having a free access weekend on Xbox (and other platforms), but finding out how to download it isn't quite as simple as you might expect.
So, without further ado, here's how to get COD: Vanguard's free multiplayer access:
- Go to the Microsoft Store on your console
- Search (using 'Y') for Call of Duty: Vanguard
- Select the COD: Vanguard version for your console here (Xbox One or Series X|S)
- If you see a price but no 'Free Trial' option on the page, scroll down to 'In This Bundle', and choose the first option (it should just be called "Call of Duty: Vanguard" — with "Xbox Series X|S" at the end for the next-gen version).
- Now, you should just see a 'Free Trial' button. Select it, which will start the download
PSA: The version of Vanguard you're looking for is the one with the Christmas banner. This is where you'll find the free trial. Alternatively, you can start the download via the Xbox.com links below:
- Call of Duty: Vanguard Free Multiplayer Access (Xbox One)
- Call of Duty: Vanguard Free Multiplayer Access (Xbox Series X|S)
The free multiplayer weekend features three playlists (Free Kills, Shipmas 24/7 and Champion Hill), and all players can also get max double XP throughout the multiplayer access period.
COD: Vanguard's free weekend is live now, and doesn't end until Tuesday, December 21st at 10am PST / 6pm GMT.
Are you going to be getting stuck into COD: Vanguard's free access weekend? Let us know down below.
Please note that some external links on this page are affiliate links, which means if you click them and make a purchase we may receive a small percentage of the sale. Please read our FTC Disclosure for more information.