As fans of Rare's fantastic open world pirate romp will likely already know, Sea of Thieves Season 5 officially kicks off this Thursday, the 2nd of December, and we've been treated to a fairly chunky preview video detailing everything that's going to be coming players' ways when it makes landfall.
You can check out the video for yourself above and we've also made a quick list of some of the bigger features we picked out from it. As the video suggests there certainly is a boatload of new features here which include:
- Bury treasure in order to make custom treasure maps to share with other crews. If a crew finds your treasure you'll be rewarded with lots of rep and renown.
- Themed Firework crates
- Sitting! You can now sit around the world to relax and take it all in
- Sleep in a bed! Sleeping recharges your energy
- The Speaking Trumpet has been augmented so you can turn it around and use it to whisper
- Cannon rowboats
- 100 levels of new rewards
- Xmas themed gear
- New Emissary rewards and legendary ship parts
- A brand new Plunder Pass
- New Emotes and Pirates of the Caribbean gear
- New weapon sets, instruments and a brand new canine companion
- 3 new shanties
- Improvements to item transfer system
- Rats! Keep an eye out for rats on your ship as it may mean something bad is happening below deck.
- Enemies drop ammo pouches
- And finally, in-game character models will now move their mouths when they speak.
A proper bounty of changes, we reckon. Arrrrrrr! Etc.
Are you looking forward to Sea of Thieves Season 5 dropping on December 2nd? See any changes you like the look of? Let us know in the comments.