Psychonauts 2 is one of the best games of the year, and it's just got even better. Double Fine has released a new update that not only brings a few bug fixes but also introduces a selection of quality of life improvements.
The update will prove useful for any collectable hunters out there who are still tracking down a handful of figments. Features such as checkmarks appearing next to locations in your journal when all collectables have been collected, and a photo filter to weed out any missing ones in the environment, have been added.
You can also see all available figments in your journal now, along with being able to visit Otto's Lab to enter a fighting arena and pick up any missing combat achievements you may yet need to obtain.
Here's everything included in the new update:
- Bonus Psychoseismometer unlocked in Otto's lab after finishing Gisu's quest, making it possible to unlock enemy achievements during the post-game state.
- Checkmarks appear in location selection menus to indicate if all collectables in a location have been found.
- Otto-Spot photo filter to show collectables in the Otto-Shot photo mode.
- Show all available figments in the figment viewer menu even if you haven't found them yet.
- General stability improvements for all platforms.
- Improve environmental collision to prevent players and objects from rarely falling through walls and floors.
- Fix issues related to fall death and water curse, and prevent them from being broken if interrupted by a cutscene.
- Fix duplicate characters and stray animation appearing in some cutscenes.
- Fix the issue that could cause flickering around objects submerged in water.
- Improve save checkpoints to prevent the player's save data from getting into a bad state.
- Improve photo mode stability.
- Expand the mental health advisory message.
- HUD improvements to prevent extra health brains from appearing.
- Improve xCloud streaming touch controls.
From our own experience, the update weighs in just over 7GB on Xbox, so it's not too big. It's great to see some more support being added for the game, especially in regards to helping any achievement hunters out there. If you're missing a figment or two, this should help out immensely.
Will you be using the new Psychonauts 2 update? Let us know in the comments below.