Got the skills to pay the bills? Microsoft is hosting a special Xbox FanFest Halo 3 tournament this month, in which Xbox players in North America will have the chance to win part of $25,000 in prizes and show their skills off to the world.
The tournament is open to everyone (NA only) via the Xbox FanFest website, and takes the form of 2v2 matches with open matchmaking ladders, weekly qualifiers and a series finale. Here's the full schedule:
Ladder Matches: Fridays and Saturdays (7/9, 7/10, 7/16, 7/17, 7/23, 7/24)
- Ladder Opens: 2 p.m. PT / 5 p.m. ET
- Ladder Closes: 7 p.m. PT / 10 p.m. ET
Weekly Qualifiers: Sundays (7/11, 7/18, 7/25)
- Weekly Final Bracket: 11 a.m. PT / 2 p.m. ET
Series Finale (7/31)
- Series Final Bracket: 11 a.m. PT / 2 p.m. ET
How To Qualify
- Open to Xbox FanFest fans in North America.
- Players compete to the Top 8 at the end of each day in terms of points.
- See smash.gg/XboxFanFest page for details about the points system.
- The top 8 teams from each day (16 teams total) advance to Sunday Qualifier.
- Week 1: Top 4 teams at the end of the bracket advances to the Series Finale.
- Week 2: Top 4 teams at the end of the bracket advance to the Series Finale.
- Week 3: Top 8 teams at the end of the bracket advance to the Series Finale.
If your Halo skills aren't up to par but you're still interested in watching the tournament, Weekly Qualifiers will be broadcast on Sundays (7/11, 7/18, 7/25) at 11AM PT on Xbox's Twitch channel, with the series finale taking place on Saturday, July 31 at 11AM PT.
"We plan to host more regional FanFest tournaments in the future. Whether you’ll be playing in this tournament or not, we encourage all Xbox fans to sign up for Xbox FanFest at Xbox.com/FanFest to be the first to learn about new exclusives offered."
Interested in taking part in the Xbox FanFest Halo 3 tournament? Let us know down in the comments below.
Please note that some external links on this page are affiliate links, which means if you click them and make a purchase we may receive a small percentage of the sale. Please read our FTC Disclosure for more information.