After a GameFly listing seemingly announced the game ahead of schedule last week, Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl has now officially been confirmed. It's coming to Xbox One, Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S this autumn.
As revealed by IGN, it's being developed by Ludosity and Fair Play Labs. The fighter aims to bring a little bit of Nintendo's Super Smash Bros magic to its gameplay, but replaces the roster with fan favourite Nickelodeon characters instead.
Suiting up as iconic cartoon heroes such as SpongeBob SquarePants and even Nigel Thornberry, you'll fight across 20 different stages as you unlock new moves and content for your in-game gallery. There will be a mixture of single player and multiplayer modes - both locally and online - to sink your teeth into.
IGN has also shared a list of the characters confirmed for the game so far:
- Michelangelo (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
- Leonardo (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)
- Nigel Thornberry (The Wild Thornberrys)
- Powdered Toast Man (Ren & Stimpy)
- SpongeBob SquarePants (SpongeBob SquarePants)
- Sandy Cheeks (SpongeBob SquarePants)
- Patrick Star (SpongeBob SquarePants)
- Oblina (Aaahh!!! Real Monsters)
- Lucy Loud (The Loud House)
- Lincoln Loud (The Loud House)
- Helga (Hey Arnold!)
- Reptar (Rugrats)
- Zim (Invader Zim)
- Danny Phantom (Danny Phantom)
There's no specific release date outside of the Autumn period yet, but we must say this isn't looking too shabby. We were actually pretty big fans of Nickelodeon Kart Racers 2, which replicated the Mario Kart formula far more efficiently than its predecessor. If Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl can do the same, then that will be a win in our eyes.
What do you think about Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl? Let us know in the comments below.