We're definitely of the belief that E3 2021 was a massive success for Xbox and Bethesda this year, and the official E3 awards panel clearly agreed, having crowned Xbox has boasting the best presentation of the event.
The awards were selected by editors at IGN, GameSpot, PC Gamer, and GamesRadar+, giving best presentation to Xbox and Bethesda, and also highlighting Forza Horizon 5 as the "most anticipated game overall."
Here's the full list of awards and winners courtesy of IGN:
- Ubisoft Most Anticipated Game: Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope
- Gearbox Most Anticipated Game: Tiny Tina's Wonderlands
- Xbox/Bethesda Most Anticipated Game: Halo: Infinite
- Square Enix Most Anticipated Game: Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy
- PC Gaming Show Most Anticipated Game: Songs of Conquest
- Future Games Show Most Anticipated Game: Immortality
- Intellivision Most Anticipated Game: Dolphin Quest
- Mythical Games Most Anticipated Game:
- Most Anticipated Indie Game: Falling Frontier
- Freedom Games Most Anticipated Game: Airborne Kingdom
- Capcom Most Anticipated Game: The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles
- Nintendo Most Anticipated Game: Breath of the Wild 2
- Most Anticipated Yooreka Studio Game: Loopmancer
- Best Presentation: Xbox and Bethesda Showcase
- Most Anticipated Game Overall: Forza Horizon 5
Curiously, as you can see above, Halo Infinite took home the 'Xbox/Bethesda Most Anticipated Game' as well, which seems a little strange considering that Forza Horizon 5 won the 'Most Anticipated Game Overall' award.
Regardless though, it's a nice little win for Xbox, and the fact that Forza Horizon 5 beat out the likes of Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, Mario & Rabbids: Sparks of Hope and even Breath of the Wild 2 is high praise indeed.
What do you think of these results? Let us know down in the comments section below.