Update: E3 strikes again with another date announcement. The Forgotten City will be arriving for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S on July 28. To commemorate the reveal, a new trailer has dropped which showcases the mystery you'll be uncovering, along with various gameplay elements. Check it out!
Original Story: The Forgotten City originated as a mod for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, and managed to rake in over 3 million downloads on PC. Due to an unprecedented amount of fan feedback, it later became commissioned as a fully fledged title, which will be making its way to Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One sometime this Summer.
Set during the Roman Empire, you'll be stuck in a time loop as you play as a time traveler attempting to solve a mystery. As it began as a Skyrim mod, some of the classic tropes from the Elder Scrolls series remain. Create your character, explore an open-world, and be faced with tough moral decisions as you seek to solve the time loop you're stuck in. It definitely sounds like an interesting spin on the classic RPG formula.
- Explore an authentic, open-world ancient Roman city brought to life with Unreal Engine.
- Become entwined in the lives of richly detailed, deeply interactive characters.
- Grapple with moral dilemmas which have life-and-death consequences.
- Investigate a gripping, non-linear mystery with multiple endings.
- Role-play as whoever you want, by choosing your own sex, race and backstory.
- Solve problems your own way, with reason, charm, bribery, stealth, intimidation, or by cleverly exploiting the time-loop.
There's no confirmed date outside of the Summer release window, but we're sure we'll hear something soon enough. The PC community has been pretty vocal with how impressive the mod was, so it seems the final product is in capable hands. Not long until we find out!
Are you interested in The Forgotten City? Let us know in the comments below.