Update: Astria Ascending has now been confirmed to be hitting Xbox Game Pass for Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One on September 30. A new trailer gives us a glimpse at the gorgeous art style, along with some new key features about the game to give players a deeper look into the upcoming JRPG.
- Epic Tales – Fight for the future while you reckon with the past; sacrifice everything, relinquish nothing. The story of Astria Ascending was developed in part by writer Kazushige Nojima, known for his work on Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy VII Remake.
- Living Landscapes – Travel the world of Orcanon, a richly imagined and fully animated 2D landscape with five cities and a dynamic weather system.
- Unforgettable Characters – Pick from eight customizable player characters spanning a range of fantastical races and skills, and assemble a diverse team of heroes.
- Rewarding Combat – Work together to save the world, waging strategic turn-based battles using the innovative focus point system.
- A Treat for the Ears – With music and SFX from composer Hitoshi Sakimoto (Final Fantasy XII, Valkyria Chronicles), Astria Ascending is a heart-swelling joy to listen to.
Original Story: Artisan Studios has announced Astria Ascending, a new RPG backed by some of the team behind the Final Fantasy series, will be coming Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One via Game Pass later this year.
With a narrative from Kazushige Nojima (Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy VII Remake) and a score by Hitoshi Sakimoto (Final Fantasy XII, Vagrant Story), the latest RPG looks as though it's in good hands. Astria Ascending follows an epic story where players control a team of Demigods to take on a evil force. It's said to be packed full of content, so get ready for a long fantasy journey.
"In a world where chaos looms, players take control of the Demigods—a motley crew of eight heroes charged with the fate of the world. Each character has their own story, explored across five cities, twenty-five dungeons and thirty hours of gameplay up to fifty for 100% of completion. Along with the finely tuned turn-based combat, players can try out a range of side quests and mini-games, including an original fantasy-themed token game."
With games such as Octopath Traveler, Dragon Quest XI and this hitting Xbox Game Pass, JRPGs are coming in thick and fast to the service. With the Final Fantasy talent behind it, we have our eyes on this one. Hopefully we hear more release details very soon.
Are you interested in Astria Ascending? Let us know in the comments below.