Update: It's now been confirmed that Edge of Eternity will hit Xbox Game Pass on February 10th, 2022.
Original story (April 2021): Edge of Eternity has been in early access on PC for a while now, and was highlighted during the Xbox indie showcase last month. Developer Midgar Studio has now announced that players can expect to be exploring the fantasy world on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One this Fall. Oh, and it will also be hitting Xbox Game Pass on day one.
The turn-based JRPG features grid based combat, set in a huge fantasy world for players to explore. With quests to complete and multiple choices to be made, it's looking to be packed full of content. It even has a soundtrack by Yasunori Mitsuda, who previously composed classic games such as Chrono Trigger.
- An Enthralling JRPG Adventure Where Your Choices Matter – Discover a grand tale of hope and sacrifice, filled with plot twists and heart-wrenching moments. Solve quests in multiple ways, make your own choices and face their consequences.
- A Gorgeous World to Discover – Journey through Heryon’s unique and ethereal environments, and unearth its most ancient secrets.
- A Stunning Soundtrack from the Composer of Chrono Trigger and Xenoblade Chronicles – Heryon is brought to life by a sublime soundtrack from industry legend and composer of Chrono Trigger and Xenoblade Chronicles, Yasunori Mitsuda.
- A Deep and Strategic Combat System – Outwit your enemies in epic turn-based tactical combat: use the environment to lure them into devious traps, outsmart and outflank them to inflict massive damage. Craft your gear and inset it with powerful crystals to unlock unique combinations of skills and power-ups.
- A Cast of Charismatic Characters – Meet a cast of larger-than-life companions, each with their own unique personalities and attributes. Discover their dreams, flaws, hopes and torments as you experience and share many special moments together.
The game joins Astria Ascending, another JRPG backed by some of the creative minds behind the Final Fantasy series, which is also due to hit Xbox Game Pass this year. It's looking to be a great year for JRPG fans on Game Pass, especially when backed with other great titles such as Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age Definitive Edition.
Will you be checking out Edge of Eternity? Let us know in the comments below.