Microsoft has announced today during the Xbox Games Showcase pre-show that Dragon Quest XI S will launch on Xbox One and PC on December 4th, and it's also coming to Xbox Game Pass.
The game is an enhanced and expanded version of the original Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age, and also marks the first time the Dragon Quest series has appeared on a Microsoft platform.
Here are some of the improved features in the Definitive Edition, courtesy of Xbox Wire:
- New side stories for companions – Dragon Quest XI has some of the most charming characters of any RPG. This edition of game includes new side stories and adventures that weren’t in the original release, so you can get to know them better than ever.
- 2D mode – You can play the game with either beautifully detailed 3D graphics, but if you want to celebrate the series’ roots, you can also play the entire adventure in retro-inspired 2D. You can even switch between the styles mid-adventure.
- 16-bit World of Tickington – this optional activity lets you visit locations from previous Dragon Quest worlds, full of characters to talk to and quests to complete.
- Japanese audio – You can now play the entire game, including the additional content, with a new Japanese voice track
- Photo mode – As you can tell from the screenshots, Dragon Quest XI is a real pretty game. Now you can immortalize your adventures with a comprehensive photo mode. You can rearrange characters, make them pose, change angles and much more.
Glad to see Dragon Quest making its way to Xbox? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.