The days of having just one or two headsets compatible with Xbox are long gone. These days there are dozens upon dozens of suitable choices, each with its unique features. As a result, you may experience some of your friends' voices being a bit louder than usual, or maybe even quieter - depending on their headset.
While this can be a nuisance, it's relatively easy to change up the volume settings on the fly, ensuring you have a balanced audio experience at all times.
Here's how to change the party chat volume on Xbox:
How To Change Party Chat Volume On Xbox
There's actually a couple of ways to change the audio of the party. You can change the mix completely or just adjust the individual sound of another party member. We're going to walk you through each way to help you out.
How To Adjust The Party Chat Mix
If you're using a stereo headset that lacks any physical controls to adjust the party volume, you may want to make use of the mixing options. They're super easy to find and can quickly allow you to change settings on the fly.
- Step One: Select "Options" in the party.
- Step Two: Select "Audio Settings".
- Step Three: Adjust the "Headset chat mixer" to find the right balance between your games and party chat.
- Step Four: The settings will automatically save, so feel free to exit out.
How To Change An Individual Party Member's Volume
If your settings are fine but you're finding one particular party member is being a bit louder than usual, then here's how to sort that out.
- Step One: Select the party member.
- Step Two: A volume bar will appear. Tweak it to your preference.
- Step Three: The settings will automatically save, so feel free to exit out.
With these simple steps, you'll be able to have the audio experience you desire and a more comfortable time. It's all relatively easy to do, too!
Has this guide helped you? Let us know in the comments below.