Describes it as a "disruption" to the classic model
PlayStation boss Jim Ryan appears to have got on the wrong side of certain parts of the games industry since claiming in his pre-recorded deposition that publishers "unanimously do not like Game Pass because it is value destructive". One of the publishers now speaking up about this happens to be...
But Alan Wake & Final Fantasy IX still are
Popular open world survival game DayZ was included in the latest batch of games to be leaving Xbox Game Pass recently - originally expected to depart on May 15th - but that appears to no longer be the case. According to the official DayZ Twitter account (as spotted by True Achievements), the game "ain't...
Flourishing more than ever
Survival game DayZ was added to Xbox Game Pass earlier this month, and according to developer Bohemia Interactive, it's done wonders for the game. In a press release, the company revealed the title has since received "hundreds of thousands" of new players (thanks Eurogamer). Bohemia Interactive suggested that DayZ is now...
Update: More games announced
Update: Microsoft has also revealed a few more games coming to Xbox Game Pass for PC in May. These are Endless Legend, Final Fantasy IX and the previously announced Halo 2: Anniversary. We've updated the list in the original post. Original Story: Microsoft has announced another batch of Xbox Game Pass (for console)...
Sorry, no DayZ review yet.
THIS IS DAYZ, THIS IS YOUR STORY
DayZ is an unforgiving, authentic, open world sandbox online game where each one of 60 players on a server follows a single goal - to survive as long as they can, by all means necessary. There are no superficial tips, waypoints, built-in tutorials or help given to you. Every decision matters - with no save games, and no extra lives, every mistake can be lethal. If you fail, you lose everything and start over.
Scavenging for supplies and roaming the open world never feels safe in DayZ, as you never know what's behind the next corner. Hostile player interactions, or simply just struggling through severe weather can easily turn into intense, nerve-racking moments where you experience very real emotions. On the other hand, meeting with another friendly survivor in DayZ can lead to a true friendship that lasts a lifetime...
Your choices and your decisions create a gameplay experience that's completely unique and unequivocally personal - unmatched by any other multiplayer game out there. This is DayZ, this is your story.
• Detailed, authentic backdrop of Chernarus, an open world terrain featuring 230 square kilometers of hand-crafted environment based on real life locations
• Real emotional experience driven by the emergent interactions of 60 players on the server, all fighting for survival by any means necessary
• Environmental dangers including the infected, dynamic weather, and animal predators
• Wide variety of complex survival mechanics - from hunting and crafting, through sophisticated injury simulation, to transferable diseases
• Persistent servers with complex loot economy, and the ability to build improvised bases
• Visceral, authentic gun play and melee combat systems
• Smooth and reactive character controller utilizing a detailed animation system
• Rewarding and authentic experience of driving vehicles for travel and material transport