As the whole drama with Cyberpunk 2077 seemingly worsens, CD Projekt Red has been busy rolling out regular patches for the game, in an attempt to resolve all the bugs, glitches and crashes, and improve the overall experience.
It's now released Hotfix 1.05 for the console versions (that includes the Xbox release). It features a stack of quest fixes, gameplay improvements, visual fixes, UI fixes, stability improvements and resolves a few issues specific to the Xbox version of the game.
[Xbox] Entering combat while Synaptic Accelerator is active no longer ends in player health bar not being displayed.
[Xbox] Game no longer becomes unresponsive when signing out from a profile when the controller disconnection message is visible.
The size of this update is 16.0 GB. Below are the full patch notes, courtesy of the official Cyberpunk 2077 website. Warning: They might contain some spoilers!
Hotfix 1.05 (December 19, 2020)
Hotfix 1.05 is now live on Xbox and Playstation systems! PC version will follow soon.
- Jackie will no longer disappear in The Pickup or The Heist.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from landing the helicopter in Love like Fire.
- Fixed an issue with Takemura not calling in Play it Safe.
- It's no longer possible to trigger the same dialogue twice in Big in Japan.
- Fixed an issue with Delamain appearing upside down at the end of Don't Lose Your Mind.
- Saul now correctly reaches the van in Riders on the Storm.
- Fast travelling before the encounter with Tyger Claws no longer breaks progression in I Fought the Law.
- Fixed an issue blocking progress in Ghost Town if an autosave made upon Raffen Shiv's arrival was loaded.
- Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages if Happy Together failed as a result of combat.
- Elizabeth Peralez stops being excessively insistent with her calls after her job offer is refused.
- The scene with Misty and Jackie now starts properly after leaving Viktor's clinic.
- Wakako's dialogues no longer get blocked after finishing Search and Destroy.
- Walking away from Stefan in Sweet Dreams shouldn't prevent other characters from calling you anymore.
- Brick’s detonator should now be properly interactable for players to disarm. Or set off. Your call.
- Elevator doors should now correctly open in The Heist.
- Saul now correctly gets out of cars in Riders on the Storm.
- Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages after running too far away from Frank in War Pigs.
- Jackie now correctly leaves the factory after the combat is finished in The Pickup.
- Fixed an issue with Militech reinforcements not spawning if driving through the gate too fast in Forward to Death.
- Skipping time while in the club in Violence no longer results in issues with progression.
- Fixed issues with starting Gig: Getting Warmer...
- Fixed an issue with not receiving new calls or messages after Pyramid Song has been abandoned midway.
- Fixed an issue whereby Delamain core could be already broken when player enters the Core room in Don't Lose Your Mind.
- Fixed issues with Delamain not appearing or doing nothing outside the Afterlife in The Heist.
- Fixed an issue with objective getting stuck on "Talk to Viktor" in The Ripperdoc.
- Fixed an issue whereby it was impossible to talk to the bouncer in front of Lizzie's in The Information.
- Added description for Don't Lose Your Mind in the Journal.
- Fixed an issue preventing player from saving, using fast travels, and talking to other NPCs after reloading a save with an active call with Frank in War Pigs.
- Fixed an issue with Panam not calling about any other matter until I'll Fly Away is completed.
- Fixed an issue with Dum Dum following V after The Pickup is finished.
- Improved the reaction times of NPCs taking cover.
- Corrected the number of shots needed to kill civilians from a distance while in combat.
- Fixed an issue with Delamain's image displayed on top of the current caller during phone calls.
- V's mouth doesn't stay open after entering the space lock in Where is My Mind.
- Fixed some UI overlap issues.
- V appears more modest in the inventory preview after the half year montage
- NPCs are faster to appear in the quest area during Stadium Love.
- Added some warmth to HDR.
- Fixed T-posing NPCs in Suspected Organized Crime Activity: Just Say No and Gig: Hot Merchandise.
- Fixed an issue whereby after a braindance it was possible to be stuck in 3rd person view with no head.
- Silencer icons are no longer displayed with no image in the inventory.
- Fixed an issue with weapon crosshair persisting on screen.
- The inventory menu no longer closes immediately after opening it for the first time after leaving a car.
- Fixed an issue whereby upon accessing a fast travel terminal the button shown on the top right corner prompting to open the quest journal would not work.
Performance & Stability
- Multiple stability improvements, including crash fixes.
- Offscreen explosions make noise now.
- [AMD SMT] Optimized default core/thread utilization for 4-core and 6-core AMD Ryzen(tm) processors. 8-core, 12-core and 16-core processors remain unchanged and behaving as intended. This change was implemented in cooperation with AMD and based on tests on both sides indicating that performance improvement occurs only on CPUs with 6 cores and less.
- Fixed an issue with the way Raw Input is collected.
- Removed the use of AVX instruction set thus fixing crashes occurring at the end of the Prologue on processors not supporting AVX.
- Removed debug console to prevent functions that could lead to crashes or blocked quests. This doesn't mean we don't want to support the modding community. Stay tuned for more info on that.
- Ray traced reflections should no longer seem too bright in comparison to the environment.
- Fixed an issue with Steam Overlay crash on game shutdown.
- Removed the memory_pool_budgets.csv file. which was not connected with the final version of the game and had no influence on it (it was a leftover file used during the development to estimate memory usage. It had no effect on how much memory was actually allocated). Perceived performance increase after editing the file may have been related to restarting the game.
- Improved image sharpness with Chromatic Aberration and Film Grain on.
- Settings should no longer reset to default after several game session restarts.
- Fixed visual issues occurring during the transition between The Heist and Love Like Fire.
- Corrected the look of several vehicles.
- [Xbox] Entering combat while Synaptic Accelerator is active no longer ends in player health bar not being displayed.
- [Xbox] Game no longer becomes unresponsive when signing out from a profile when the controller disconnection message is visible.
- Telemetry consent request will appear once more due to an earlier issue with settings reset.
- Fixed an issue whereby it was possible to fall down the elevator shaft in Megabuilding H8 in Automatic Love.
This latest Hotfix follows on from the rollout of version 1.04 last weekend. Learn more about this earlier update in our previous post. What do you think of Hotfix 1.05 so far? Share your thoughts down below.
[source cyberpunk.net, via twitter.com]
I'm leaving my copy sealed till the big patch comes out in a few months..
@Trainer 15.90GB! I'm happy for the patch before Xmas, but this hurts my 100GB a month limit. First patch cost 43.17GB already.
Got disk copy at launch (XSX) I uninstalled game today as decided to wait for XSX patch hopefully then the download and game will be final and polished. I can't be doing with constant patches so happy to wait till March
Just glancing over the list (contains spoilers) makes you wonder about the state of the game. Also, it's the second patch with a long list of fixes.
I enjoyed the first couple of hours with no issues. So bloody busy (working admin at covid vac clinics) that it's probably going to be a few hot fixes/patches down the line till I play it again.
Although my 5 issues have been minor save a system reset before the first hotfix, I'm sitting at 35+ hours with no issues since the last hotfix. The new one just downloaded so anxious to continue enjoying this most excellent game. Also very excited to see what the two major patches detail in the coming months. I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!!!
Keep them coming!!
I'm glad the patches are coming so quickly, but I'm definitly going to wait a little longer.
I want to play the game when it is finished and complete. I'm not a beta-tester ! xD
Geez I will wait on the goty version.
Not downloaded yet, will probably wait for more patches and fixes and maybe even the series x version upgrade.
Though I think it runs well on the series x.
Is there a 4K 30fps max settings option?
Still waiting for the Xbox Series X update, but least the game is still fun.
That's great to see. They are fixing lota of issues. One of them I even experienced while playing at Series S. I'm glad they're fixing it quickly.
Get your money back and re-buy in in a couple of months when it has dropped in price.
Gotta say that list of bugs is ridiculous, really ridiculous, the graphics bugs I think are the worst, on PC it’s hilariously poor with really low textures because the full ones don’t load, cars in walls etc.. people spawning inside walls. The lost goes on. Can’t believe they released the game in this state. But at least they are fixing the bugs.
But of course I’ll still buy it as it will be an awesome game once all the bugs are fixed.
This is a worst launch than Assassins creed unity. I do want to play it, but will wait a few months to allow them to fix the game. Realistically they should have launched PC only version now, dropped xbox one and PS4 base systems, and released series X and ps5 version next summer, 6 months extra would have fixed this game
Series X Quality (30fps) mode is certainly the best looking way to play it on console with the best lighting and higher density crowds but it still looks like a switch port compared to the PC version.
I'm not returning it but glad they're fixing bugs. I'm going to wait for a series X patch.
@Bloodborne75 Hmm, I am having to do a system reset as well. Are you an Xbox Insider per chance?
@Jacoby 100gb a month?! What kind of archaic ISP do you have? That is just barbaric!! My condolences.
@GamingFan4Lyf No, I really dont even have much info about being an Xbox Insider. I've only switched over to Xbox since this past June.
I guess that I'm just lucky concerning the major issues CP2077 has been having before all the hot fixes and patches. Preparing to load it up in a few minutes since the new hotfix was launched last night.
As a side note, I bought my best friend a copy on PS4 (he purchased his system during the Star Wars: Battlefront version was released) and it plays and looks pretty great....not as impressive as my Gears One X, but still far better than alot of players have been complaining about. As for the base systems, I'm not too knowledgeable, and therefore cannot offer anything concerning CP2077 performance on them.
Not got the game, but pre-installed and updating with the patches so when I do get the disc version, it will be mostly ready to go.
@PhhhCough I live in the sticks and have satellite internet. 100GB a month with 10Mbps top speed (usually 5Mbps). It's brutal. Signed up for Starlink though 🤞.
Looks like 8 million people paid CDPR for the wonderful privilege of beta testing their game.
The game on Xbox seems to be having less issues than the PlayStation version. The fanbase over there is losing their minds over this game.
I have also heard that the Series S runs the game great. The OG Xbox One version? Not so much.
It’s just odd that it runs ok for some people & not for others. And the discrepancy between systems is odd too.
CD Projekt Red better be giving all DLC for the game for free or something. Either way, I’ll wait to play it on XSX after the next-gen patch.
@Bloodborne75 Ah, okay. Yeah I had an Xbox Insider update fail and almost bricked my system. After a few Retries, it finally worked. Thought maybe it was an Insider-wide problem the update.
Xbox Insider is a beta testing program for Xbox. You can early access to games and even system updates to test.
@Jacoby godspeed! And game on!
@GamingFan4Lyf Aye, and thanks for the Information. I'll most likely never sub to Insider myself, but nice for those who are interested. Hope it can work out for you as it should:)
@tinCAT-zero That's what I did
Tap here to load 26 comments
Leave A Comment
Hold on there, you need to login to post a comment...