Sorry, no ReCore review yet.
ReCore was one of those weird exclusives from the Xbox One era, spawning from an unlikely partnership between Microsoft and a developer with experience working on Metroid Prime. Well, the game's official Instagram page has posted a rather cryptic message this week - its first post in more than five years. We have no idea what this...
ReCore may not have the biggest following, but its fans are dedicated. Over the years it's become something of a cult hit and the game is actually celebrating its 5th birthday today. That's right, ReCore is now five years old. To celebrate the occasion, the Xbox Game Studios Publishing account has shared a picture of ReCore's...
Would you like to see a sequel?
2016 action-adventure game ReCore was published by Xbox Game Studios and co-developed by the Texas-based Armature Studio, and despite releasing to mixed reviews, it's still considered somewhat of a hidden gem by its fans. In a recent interview with Segment Next, Armature Studio was asked about its thoughts on a new...
From legendary creator Keiji Inafune and the makers of Metroid Prime comes the “ReCore Definitive Edition”, an action-adventure masterfully crafted for a new generation.
You are “Joule Adams”, one of the last remaining humans on the planet “Far Eden”, a mysterious and dangerous world controlled by robotic foes bent on your destruction. To survive you must forge friendships with a courageous group of “Corebot” companions, each with unique abilities and powers.
The ReCore Definitive Edition includes the new “Eye of Obsidian” adventure. Join the plucky Corebot “Violet” and journey into the permanent midnight of the “Starving Sea”, a previously unexplored region of Far Eden where ancient enemies plot their revenge—on Joule and all humankind!
Other features of the ReCore Definitive Edition include:
• The “T8-NK” (or “Tank”) Corebot frame. Use the T8-NK to cross quicksand and explore Far Eden with new power and speed!
• Dynamic sandstorms in Far Eden’s “Shifting Sands” regions. Brave the storms to defeat more dangerous enemies and earn more valuable loot!
• 10 new dungeons and 2 new overworld areas
• 3 new weapon modes for Joule’s Energy Rifle
• Upscaled to higher resolutions with HDR skies and lighting
• Dozens of additional Corebot gear pieces
• Decreased loading times and other improvements
• Increased level caps and gameplay tuning
• All new Achievements
Supports Xbox Play Anywhere: yours to play on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC at no additional cost!