Forums

Topic: VGLeaks says that Xbox 720 will not require a constant connection

Posts 1 to 11 of 11

SuperKMx

Yup - https://www.purexbox.com/news/2013/04/ru … patibility

Looks ever more likely that Microsoft will come up with something utterly surprising at their announcement show. Some of what we're hearing will be true, but I don't think we've heard it all just yet.

Ken Barnes,
Freelance Writer, Full-Time Idiot.

Xbox Gamertag: SuperKMx | Twitter:

SuperKMx

Yup - https://www.purexbox.com/news/2013/04/ru … patibility

Looks ever more likely that Microsoft will come up with something utterly surprising at their announcement show. Some of what we're hearing will be true, but I don't think we've heard it all just yet.

Ken Barnes,

Gamer83

I'd hope we haven't heard all just yet. Otherwise the show will be utterly boring and we just can't have that for a reveal of a new console.

Gamer83

Gamer83

I'd hope we haven't heard all just yet. Otherwise the show will be utterly boring and we just can't have that for a reveal of a new console.

Gamer83

Vincent294

Maybe they're making last-second improvements.

Vincent294

Xbox Gamertag: Vincent294

Vincent294

Vincent294

Xbox Gamertag: Vincent294

shingi_70
VincentV

Improvements like this aren't a last seconf thing, Most likely the Dev kits are different from the retail unit.

Also anyone get the feeling this was leaked by Microsoft to beat back bad press.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Xbox Gamertag: shingi the 70

shingi_70
VincentV

Improvements like this aren't a last seconf thing, Most likely the Dev kits are different from the retail unit.

Also anyone get the feeling this was leaked by Microsoft to beat back bad press.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Xbox Gamertag: shingi the 70

SuperKMx
Sony_70

I'm afraid I have to disagree there. Requiring an always-on connection could just be a matter of turning off a flag in the firmware, if the operating system designers planned it properly. I'd imagine that at a software level, the requirement could be disabled so that it doesn't take months of redesigning the O/S when Microsoft wants to release the console in nations that are less technologically advanced later on in the machine's lifecycle.

And it wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft leaked the info one bit.

Ken Barnes,

SuperKMx
Sony_70

I'm afraid I have to disagree there. Requiring an always-on connection could just be a matter of turning off a flag in the firmware, if the operating system designers planned it properly. I'd imagine that at a software level, the requirement could be disabled so that it doesn't take months of redesigning the O/S when Microsoft wants to release the console in nations that are less technologically advanced later on in the machine's lifecycle.

And it wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft leaked the info one bit.

Ken Barnes,

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.