Forums

Topic: What Xbox 360 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 41 to 46 of 46

StrangeBit

@Gamecuber yeah, I read this exact comparison somewhere, Alien vs Aliens well, I love both movies so I hope I will like DS2 too!

StrangeBit

Xbox Gamertag: StrangeBit

Ryu_Niiyama

Restarting mass effect 1 since in hindsight it's the only game I liked in the trilogy. And I miss the crew.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

Xbox Gamertag: Ryu Niiyama

Gamer83

Saw Ninja Gaiden 2 was on Game Pass, will be firing that up. Played a bit of Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 on Vita but never played any version of the game on home consoles.

Gamer83

ShaiHulud

@UnconfirmedBit I thought Alien and Dead Space 1 were terrific, and I disliked Aliens and Dead Space 2 (albeit to a lesser extent), so this theory has got some ground under it

ShaiHulud

TimG13

I'm a bit late to the party (nearly 8 years, in fact), but I finally got round to playing Dishonored, which I've had since the day of release. I even started playing it back then, escaping from Coldridge Prison and starting the first assassination mission, but for some reason never went back to it. Better late then never, eh?

I was tempted to play the Definitive Edition on Xbox One, which I got free with Dishonored 2 (also yet to play), but having the 360 version with a single 5G achievement on my profile would really annoy me. Despite an odd bit of screen tearing here and there, I have to say the visuals hold up reasonably well, no doubt thanks to that striking painterly art style.

I've actually finished the game twice now, one stealthy low chaos playthrough (no kills or alerts, I might add) and one murderous high chaos playthrough, and loved them both. The AI has definitely been a bit patchy at times - I've been spotted when I know I couldn't have been, and throwing Lady Boyle off a balcony only for nobody to take notice of the body splattered on the pavement breaks the immersion somewhat - but all of the mechanics are deeply satisfying, and the level design is superb no matter your preferred playstyle.

For my money, Deus Ex edges it when it comes to player freedom and is the more polished of the two, but Dishonored is a worthy rival. I've just got The Knife Of Dunwall and The Brigmore Witches DLC to play, and then maybe I'll start Dishonored 2. Or I can wait another 8 years?

TimG13

StrangeBit

Finally I manged to beat Dead Space 2! I had to drop the difficulty settings to Easy in the final part because the last boss was hard as hell (and badly designed, in my opinion!).

What can I say, it's a very different game compared to the first one, more action oriented and more "Hollywood"-like! Generally speaking the campaign is very fast paced and the story is interesting but there are a lots of things that I didn't like at all!

1) There are sections of the game where you can't store any more ammunition because your inventory is full, compared to other sections where even finding a small medikit is a miracle! Bad balanced, imho.
2) The "hacking" section (when you need to rewire terminals) it's very, very bad designed and bland
3) Some areas are too small but filled with enemies and objects, it's easy to remain cornered without any chance to escape!
4) Now Isaac talks but he isn't very interesting XD

It's a good game but nothing exceptional for me! The first game is pure space terror but this one is just a very hard, fast game filled with tension! A 7/10 game for me

Edited on by StrangeBit

StrangeBit

Xbox Gamertag: StrangeBit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic