Forums

Topic: What Xbox 360 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 1 to 20 of 44

KratosMD

Figured it'd be nice to have a thread like this to discuss any current 360 games you're playing.

I've been really busy playing through 360 games lately, having recently finished Duke Nukem Forever, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and I just recently bought Crysis 1 since it's discounted in the latest "Back Compat" sale. So right now I'm playing that game on 360. It's a lot of fun, it's definitely different from you average shooter but it still feels incredibly familiar if you've played the first couple of Far Cry games. You're on a tropical island which you can fully explore and you got superhuman abilities like cloaking and armour mode. I think this adds a lot more strategy to a gunfight, as you can turn on cloak mode, sneak past enemies and then finish hit them off one by one. It's definitely a fun game and I'm playing it just to understand the story a bit more (and to also get some achievements while I'm at it) since I'm more interested in playing Crysis 2 and 3. Even though exploring an island is cool, it still feels too much like Far Cry which is why I'm interested to see how the series will form its own identity over time.

Edited on by FraserG

KratosMD

FraserG

Interesting! I've never played Far Cry 1. How are you getting on with Duke Nukem Forever?

On my actual Xbox 360, I've been playing some NHL 2K10 and James Bond 007: Blood Stone recently. The latter I picked up at a local independent gaming store a few weeks ago, and I'm really enjoying it. It was one of the final games developed by Bizarre Creations, and because they were the old Blur and Project Gotham Racing developers, the driving sections are particularly good.

Fraser Gilbert
News Editor at Pure Xbox
www.purexbox.com

XBL: Just1MoreGameXB
Twitter: @_Just1MoreGame

Xbox Gamertag: Just1MoreGameXB | Twitter:

KratosMD

@FraserG I honestly thought the game was decent in the beginning. Absolutely crazy set-pieces but towards the end of the game, it just became embarrassing playing it. You were constantly doing basic things unbefitting of an action hero like Duke, such as driving a forklift in order to raise its hooks and reach a higher platform, or push rollable cabinets into a propeller in order to break it and walk over to the other side, or find and throw barrels onto a platform connecting to a crane that needs to be lowered. This was literally all you were doing in every level, on top of annoying underwater levels.

Maybe it's because I first played this game 8 years ago so I'm probably biased to how I felt in the beginning, but the game is very much mediocre and I can understand why people were disappointed by it.

Nice to hear that you're finding Blood Stone to your liking! I've actually been interested in checking out some James Bond games on 360 lately and I've heard Blood Stone is quite good. Didn't know it was developed by Bizarre though, that's surprising. Will have to definitely check it out in the future, along with Goldeneye 007 Reloaded which I really need to play.

KratosMD

flummerfelt

At the moment, I’ve been playing some Xbox Arcade classics like Geometry Wars 2 & Castle Crashers. Always makes for good times with friends. Other than that, been wanting to play through Dragon Age Origins for the first time. I’ve heard good things!
@KratosMD Duke Nukem Forever was such a let down, I remember a buddy getting it day 1 and we were like...what the hell is this? Lol. Still had some funny moments though.
@FraserG I always wanted to try more James Bond games after loving Goldeneye... maybe I’ll have to give Blood Stone a shot.

flummerfelt

FullbringIchigo

Well my y 360 is dead so i have very few 360 games i can play now because most of the ones i own aint on the XB1BC but i did recently star a new game on Castlevania Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate as that is on the BC Program

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

KratosMD

@flummerfelt Must've been annoying to buy it on day one and find that out. I was disappointed and I bought it for like €5, lol.

I also have Dragon Age Origins in my backlog and I can't wait to play it. However right now I'm knee-deep into FPS games. On top of Crysis 1, I just started a playthrough of Modern Warfare 2 on Veteran and man is this game a blast. I can tell that Veteran has been toned down from the first game and the levels have a lot more variety to them in terms of settings and gameplay. I also tried out Special Ops and it's been kicking my butt on some of the missions, lol. Great way to increase replay-value for your game though by giving you these bite-sized missions! Don't see a lot of that in modern video games anymore. In fact, you barely see any single-player content in FPS games at all these days.

Edited on by KratosMD

KratosMD

ralphdibny

@KratosMD I quite enjoyed Duke forever when I played it back on PS3 (likewise it cost me a fiver). I'd still have liked to play the original Duke nukem forever though. I remember going to the 3drealms website for years after Duke 3d came out and seeing these cool early 2000s era PC graphics for whatever version of it that they were making at the time. The end result was of the era it ended coming out in basically. I enjoyed it but still would've liked to have seen it had it come out 8 years earlier. Still waiting (probably in vain) for the DLC to go on sale so I can play through that.

I finished Sonic 4 episode 1 the other day and have made a start on episode 2. I had episode 1 on the Wii but they never released episode 2 on the Wii so I was put off buying it on other consoles because I'd miss out on the "lock on" content. I finally saw them both for pretty cheap on Xbox one the other day so I picked them up (about 8 quid all in) and they're not too bad in retrospect. I think at the time of release it was a bit like really? This is their return to old school sonic? But since we've had Sonic Mania, I am able to just appreciate sonic 4 for what it is and it is fairly enjoyable!

ralphdibny

gingataisen

Fallout 3. Trying to collect every single skill book.

gingataisen

Zuljaras

I think of starting Kingdoms of Amalur or Dante's Inferno.

Zuljaras

Gamecuber

Dead Space via backwards compatibility on my Xbox one.

Still have the 360 set up (in fact I have my og Xbox set up as well, all three in a row.) I keep the 360 plugged in for exclusives. Escape Dead Island is in the tray ready to play eventually.

‘You swapped those 3 games for Pokemon Stadium? Where’s your pride? You’re dignity?!?

‘....I traded it for a Pikachu...’

Gamecuber

@KratosMD I played Goldeneye on the Wii when it came out (with the gold classic controller). I’ve thought about trying the reloaded version for the HD treatment. It’s a good COD clone, with good voice acting and a decent twist on the N64 original and film.

‘You swapped those 3 games for Pokemon Stadium? Where’s your pride? You’re dignity?!?

ralphdibny

@Gamecuber I quite enjoyed Goldeneye on the Wii, I did get the gold controller but I still preferred playing it with the Wii remote and nunchuck. Couldn't turn down the opportunity to play any Wii/Wii u shooter like that. I doubt the control scheme would hold up in online multiplayer but it was fun to blitz the campaigns like that!

ralphdibny

Gamecuber

@ralphdibny for me it was a return to the N64 Classic that my friends and I played to death back in 1998-2001.

Occasionally one of my mates from back then comes round and we fire up the old N64 for another round.

Been trying to persuade him to get an Xbox One or even a 360 so we could play the Perfect Dark HD remaster online together.

ralphdibny

@Gamecuber nice, I Wana get round to perfect dark at some point on the rare replay collection. I really enjoyed what I've played of Turok (another N64 shooter similarly updated). As for FPS, I still have Turok 1, 2, doom 1, 2, 64 and 3 to finish on my switch before I replay doom 2016 and start doom eternal on the Xbox one X!

Edited on by ralphdibny

ralphdibny

Gamecuber

@ralphdibny Perfect Dark still holds up well today, especially if you customise controls to suit you. There are three difficulty settings per mission, many of which add in extra objectives and areas that you couldn’t access on the easier levels.

Local multiplayer is ace on too.

Played the 360 version, dabbled on the rare replay version (pretty much the same thing).

Only briefly played Perfect Dark Zero on 360 years ago. Wasn’t impressed. May give it another shot on replay.

I still have Turok on N64 cartridges. Love me some fog!

The doom games on switch are great. Have played Doom, Doom 2 extensively. Just started Doom 3 and Doom 64 (which I completed back in the day).

Doom 2016 on my Xbox One was superb. Will get Eternal when the price is right.

ralphdibny

@Gamecuber Turok is beautiful on switch. Just having the N64 textures but without the fog and other N64 tricks makes the game pop. I got up to the 3rd or 4th level I think before other games/life distracted me. I particularly loved this bit:

Untitled

Platforming wasn't so common in shooters in the 360/PS3 era onwards so this was an amazing and frustrating level for me to play.

I did about half of doom 3 on the bfg edition on PS3 and it was wicked. Was hoping the portability might mean I get round to finishing it this time but wanted to play doom 1 2 and 64 all the way through first. I got up to the expansion on doom 1 and I've heard they've added a couple more episodes to it since I've last played so I've now got quite a bit to do on it. I still find it scary and stressful (which is a good thing in small doses) all these years later. I used to play it a bit on PC (shareware I believe) as a kid then had the GBA version and was surprised to find the game didn't end when the shareware version did. So I haven't played it as extensively as the people that can just rip through it with no abandon.

ralphdibny

Gamecuber

Ah shareware! Those were the days. I remember my mum got me the shareware of Doom back in 1993/1994. She had no idea what it was, just that all the kids were playing it. I thought she was winding me up (really, you WANT me to play this?!?) She was quite shocked when she saw what it actually was!

My dad on the other hand helped my track down Doom 2 (on one of those new fangled CDs no less)!

ralphdibny

@Gamecuber haha I remember the days of adults buying games... I can't remember what game it was I wanted but I ended up with atomic bomberman instead...even though I was regularly playing Duke nukem 3D and command and conquer lol

I remember convincing my dad to get me mortal Kombat trilogy for psx from Woolworths too

ralphdibny

gingataisen

The Nightdive port of Turok for modern consoles is the way to go if you guys want to give it another shot. Steady frame rates and no more fog. Check out Forsaken on the X, too. 😆

gingataisen

ralphdibny

@gingataisen thanks yeah that's the one I've been playing on Switch! It's awesome, never played Turok before that. Just wish more N64 games were given that treatment because they are actually pretty beautiful once the hardware limitations have been overcome!

ralphdibny

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic