Forums

Topic: Are there many cross-gen Xbox 360 games that haven't come out yet?

Posts 1 to 9 of 9

CrazyOtto

It seems 2014 was the year of cross-gen with alot of cross-gen being released as well as a few being announced for 2015. Now, it seems that more developers are now finally letting the 7th gen go with new games now being only announced for 8th gen consoles and PC.

CrazyOtto

Red620Ti

There needs to be a Gears remake, other than that...

"Justin Bieber looks like a lesbian i'd like to ****..." - Megakillscreen,out of frickin' nowhere!

Xbox Gamertag: Red620Ti

Knux

Snake? SNAAAKKKEEE! (Last-gen is far from dead.)

Knux

Captain_Chao5

Red620Ti wrote:

There needs to be a Gears remake, other than that...

I agree! I can't believe they're not remaking Gears. Missing a trick there. Still hanging on for an SSX Tricky reboot too.

You don't stop gaming because you get old, you get old because you stop gaming.

Xbox Gamertag: Captain Chao5

BAMozzy

It seems that the big releases of this year are likely to be new generation only titles. Some games that were announced as cross-gen are now only new gen. I wouldn't be surprised if last gen gets no more AAA releases after all it has been 18 months now - the same time it took for the original xbox to get its last AAA release. I find it funny that many people were saying the last generation console was 'past it' and showing its age before they even announced any next gen console and yet expecting releases for the next few years. The tech is nearly 10 years old - I very much doubt people have mobiles that old. I know MS said they would continue to support last gen for a few years but that just means keeping the online services active - the original Xbox was active until 2010 (I believe) but as far as software goes, Its days were numbered before they announced next gen and I wouldn't be at all surprised if we don't see any more AAA releases after E3 - at most 1-2. In some cases its costing more to make games for last gen too. Often a 2nd developer is handling the port so you have additional costs. As numbers drop on last gen it will become less and less cost effective too. I know statistics say that last gen is in more homes but I do expect the numbers who play regularly are dropping all the time and increasing on next gen. I stopped investing in games on my 360/PS3 about a year ago myself.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

Xbox Gamertag: bamozzy

Captain_Chao5

BAMozzy wrote:

The tech is nearly 10 years old - I very much doubt people have mobiles that old.

I've still got my Sony Ericsson T630 (circa 2003). Until Orange scrapped the 'orange wednesday' deal, I used it for the 2-4-1 tickets.

....I'll get my coat...

You don't stop gaming because you get old, you get old because you stop gaming.

Xbox Gamertag: Captain Chao5

Vincent294

I play my 360 all the time, but new games are strictly for PC. Ground Zeroes had so much texture pop-in launch day; even with that getting fixed later via a patch, I still plan on getting The Phantom Pain on PC. I'm surprised it gets as much support as it still does. One thing's for sure: even if we see CoD this holiday, we won't see it next year.

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

Xbox Gamertag: Vincent294

tylertreese

Vincent294 wrote:

I play my 360 all the time, but new games are strictly for PC. Ground Zeroes had so much texture pop-in launch day; even with that getting fixed later via a patch, I still plan on getting The Phantom Pain on PC. I'm surprised it gets as much support as it still does. One thing's for sure: even if we see CoD this holiday, we won't see it next year.

I don't know if it is that certain, tbh. Look at how long FIFA has been on PS2.

"Eat light, you stupid machine!" - Lex, Bioforge

Xbox Gamertag: tylertreese | Twitter:

Vincent294

mindtwang wrote:

Vincent294 wrote:

I don't know if it is that certain, tbh. Look at how long FIFA has been on PS2.

All day every day every year every system

Edited on by Vincent294

Vincent294

Xbox Gamertag: Vincent294

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.